Budget lift soon: coils vs. spacers?

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone this summer i'm gonna start building my jeep finally. When i get my lift i want to get a good quality lift for a low price. I've seen some budget lifts with spacers and extensions but my question is are the coil suspensions better than spacer lifts? I feel like that's true and that's the route i'm gonna head. I don't mind spending $600 for a coil suspension since most of those with the shocks and everything run for about $350 plus. I want to stay between $200 and $600. Thanks

BumblebeeZA

Hey everyone this summer i'm gonna start building my jeep finally. When i get my lift i want to get a good quality lift for a low price. I've seen some budget lifts with spacers and extensions but my question is are the coil suspensions better than spacer lifts? I feel like that's true and that's the route i'm gonna head. I don't mind spending $600 for a coil suspension since most of those with the shocks and everything run for about $350 plus. I want to stay between $200 and $600. Thanks

If you got the money go for the full coil, shocks and brackets kits.

If you are on a budget and want to go spacer route, Id recommend not using the shock extensions and rather get longer shocks.
Ive gone this route with the coil spacers and Fox shocks.
Im happy with the performance and it has bought me time to save to buy proper performance lift coils later.

Kyle09Rubi

I highly recommend you read through Bobby's build thread, "The Diez". With a 2.5" Teraflex spacer lift and a handful of other, very well thought out, modifications he has built a very capable jeep. Do your research and save your pennies before just jumping into the first coil lift you find. A few smart modifications and you might find that you don't even need it.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24381-The-Diez-build-thread!

el_chupo_

Combo coil and spacers?

Rancho 2" sport lift has 2" front coils, 3/4" rear spacer to keep it level. Comes with shocks (5000 series or 9000 series).

SDtrucksprings.com is where I ordered mine, with coupon it was a bit under $390 shipped, and the rebate from Rancho right now will bring that down to under $350.

The 2 door version has a 1 3/4 spacer, if I remember correctly.

Kit has springs/spacers, shocks, front bump stop extensions, and rear brake line brackets.

I hope to have pics of it with the factory tires on it this weekend, havent been getting home before dark this week to get pics after the install.

Top Bottom