Moist around plug

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427389723.581275.jpg

Changing plugs I noticed some dampness around the #2 spark plug. Hard to tell if it's oil or water.. Probably not good whatever it is. Any ideas??

ArmyofMike

I can't tell on the right, what the raised portion is, but there is the same marking (rust color) on that area. Could that be leaking and then running down into spark plug seat? It's hard to believe that the oil/fuel is coming up in that amount from within the chamber. :thinking:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Looks like oil to me. Valve gasket leaking by chance? Was the plug fouled?

I can't tell on the right, what the raised portion is, but there is the same marking (rust color) on that area. Could that be leaking and then running down into spark plug seat? It's hard to believe that the oil/fuel is coming up in that amount from within the chamber. :thinking:

Valve cover is higher up and it looks fine. Head gasket looks good.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427393597.009698.jpg
That's a further away pic so you can see valve cover and head. It's just around the plug and maybe up under the exhaust manifold a bit

I'd do a compression check. If your rings are shot you will get more oil on the bang side. It's possible the plug wasn't seated/sealed well, but I would've though that would have lead to other issues.

I didn't see where you answered how the plug looked.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Haha sorry to disappoint everyone.. Maybe I'll sneak in a little something extra later.....

Plug was burning fine. Although the threads were all covered in whatever fluid is in that area. Maybe blow by do to a bad crush gasket. I always torque to 12ft-lbs. it looks like it's maybe coming from around the manifold. Unfortunately leave on a three day work trip tomorrow so going to have to wait to dig into it.

Top Bottom