Windshield chip. Not a crack but concerned

Wethy

Hey all. I noticed that there is a very tiny chip on my windshield small enough that i wouldnt even be able to take a picture and not deep at all. I am however concerned that with the wranglers tendency to crack windshields should i be concerned and make a company fix it. I have had 2 different glass repair companys look at it and both have said that it should be fine and in order to actually repair it, theyd have to make it worse because its so small. Since i live on very rough roads, and do some mild wheeling. I just dont want to have to dish out money for a new windshield when i could have had it repaired for free. What do yall think?
:what:

Hey all. I noticed that there is a very tiny chip on my windshield small enough that i wouldnt even be able to take a picture and not deep at all. I am however concerned that with the wranglers tendency to crack windshields should i be concerned and make a company fix it. I have had 2 different glass repair companys look at it and both have said that it should be fine and in order to actually repair it, theyd have to make it worse because its so small. Since i live on very rough roads, and do some mild wheeling. I just dont want to have to dish out money for a new windshield when i could have had it repaired for free. What do yall think?
:what:

You can always have them come out to check it. Depending on insurance or fee it shouldn't cost that much. I had mine filled for $25 until it broke all the way across.

Just had it replaced

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427504951.430229.jpg

Wethy

You can always have them come out to check it. Depending on insurance or fee it shouldn't cost that much. I had mine filled for $25 until it broke all the way across.

Just had it replaced

Well i had two different glass companies look at it. And they said it should be fine and to fix theyd have to score the mark so its worse before it can be fixed. But id rather have some other opinions from people who've actually had experience with this sort of thing that's all.

Wethy

Just leave it unless it bothers you that much

Ha ha well its not that bothersome now but its at eye height so if it does crack im sure itll go right through my line of sight. But ill heed the advice of others. And just leave it be for now. Thanks for the opinions guys

Christarp

I have like 8 small chips and cracks in my windshield and I've been waiting for them to spread for like a year and a half now because I just want to replace the windshield already since it's so pitted, but even with all the small cracks and chips none of them will spread for me. Maybe I'm "lucky" though?

Wethy

I have like 8 small chips and cracks in my windshield and I've been waiting for them to spread for like a year and a half now because I just want to replace the windshield already since it's so pitted, but even with all the small cracks and chips none of them will spread for me. Maybe I'm "lucky" though?

Ha ha well who knows but knock on wood i guess and that's good to know

BlackHawk08jk

I would get it fixed. I had a chip like that I didn't know about. Had the defrost on my wife turned it off, the chip turned into a crack 3/4 quarter the length of the windshield.

Top Bottom