How to remove the rear LED lights from EVO rear corner skins.

Jaydoc1

So I have developed a sound in the area of my right rear quarter panel when the suspension is experiencing high amplitude/low frequency motion. Like during crawling or when backing out of a driveway with a good angle between the drive and the street. Something that really loads up the right rear. Not run of the mill bumps and dips driving at speed on the road.

The sound sounds almost exactly like what would occur if you had a CB antenna mounted and it was bouncing against the body of the vehicle. Just a light clank clank clank. Very rhythmic. Now I have stood outside the JK and sat in the cargo area while my wife has driven it slowly over various obstacles to localize the sound. It is not a suspension component. It is coming from within the body of the Jeep itself so I figure that there is something dangling in there and with enough swing it is hitting the sheet metal.

I have the EVO rear corner skins and tire carrier so am wanting to remove the right rear tail light to see into the space in the body.

The lights are surrounded by Trucklite grommets. Do I just carefully pull the grommet and light out? Is it the grommet itself holding the light in place?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yeah, just push on the light on the top.
Sounds like maybe the load resistor for the lights maybe.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looks like it was the load resistor. Rearranged the wiring and no more clunking.

Sounds good. Glad you got it fixed.
Just make sure the load resistor is screwed on metal, it gets hot

Last edited:
Top Bottom