Has anyone installed their own Evo double throwdown without a lift?

jeeper52

LOSER
Hi everyone, im curious to see if any of you have took on the job of installing the Evo double throwdown on their own without a lift? I have found some nice 10 ton double lock high reach jack stands so i can get the jeep pretty high to be able to get to everything fairly easy. I was just wondering if anyone has done it this way and what your experience was. Let me know if you have any pointers for removing the stock control arm brackets as well. Thanks!!

jeeper52

LOSER
Actually the cost of the genright is close the same cost as the evo. I just didn't feel comfortable with that install and i liked the idea of not having to cut into the tub for the rear shocks.

jeeper52

LOSER
The reason im considering doing the install is because the tires i want are on back order until about may. I figured while im waiting i could save the money on the install and do it myself.

jeeper52

LOSER
No why do you need a nitrogen tank?

I think when you are mounting the shock mount to the axle on the front you have to release the nitrogen in the front shocks, mount the shocks to the tower and axle, compress shocks all the way to find the correct mount location. After that you have to refill the shocks. Anyways so ive heard.

I think when you are mounting the shock mount to the axle on the front you have to release the nitrogen in the front shocks, mount the shocks to the tower and axle, compress shocks all the way to find the correct mount location. After that you have to refill the shocks. Anyways so ive heard.

o ok I didn't know that.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

I think I know where you're getting these thoughts. There is a difference between buying a kit that has all the kinks worked out and trying to do a garage fab job.

Top Bottom