2008 soft top on 2014???

BigBoy

I found a 2008 soft top locally on Craigslist for $400. Supposed to be complete and new in the box. I'm seeking advise on if this is a good deal and if it will fit my 2014. I've been reading up and looks to be if it has all the hardware it should. I've also seen comments about the 2008's leaking.

My ultimate goal is to sell my hardtop and get one of the new bestop trektop pro tops. But in order to fund that I have to sell my hardtop first. Thinking this could be a placeholder for in between and then sell it when the bestop arrives.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Id hold out for a later year softtop. The early model ones suck, I picked up an 07 soft top on my old jkur, it leaked and was a pain to put up and down. For an extra 100 you could find a newer one.

SFNick

The 2008 top will work but you'll need the door surrounds for that year model. I have owned 2008 & 2013 soft top. I actually liked the way the 2008 connected better. True it's harder to fold back since it clips into the door surrounds.

BigBoy

Thanks for the tips guys. As it turns out, my hard top is leaking. Vacuumed out the jeep today and found the passenger carpet soaked. Not standing water, but looks to have been going on for a while. Think I'll get it serviced the dealer under warranty and dump it ASAP.

Augichef

Also keep in mind that the center footmen loop might not be centered to the soft top header. You'd have mod "cut the header" in order to make the loop fit..
Augi

Top Bottom