Do these need to be plugged?

JK LYF

I bedlined my rear wheel wells after removing my flares. Wondering if the two large holes on each wheel well need to be covered before putting my flares back on. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks in advance.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427571720.489344.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427571745.238069.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have info on these on my laptop, "some" jeeps have had water traveling through there and into the front floor boards. I'll post it up when I get to my computer.

JK LYF

I have info on these on my laptop, "some" jeeps have had water traveling through there and into the front floor boards. I'll post it up when I get to my computer.

Thank you sir. Thought about putting some waterproof tape over it. Then the flares.

olram30

Thank you sir. Thought about putting some waterproof tape over it. Then the flares.

I believe that was the fix if I remember. It's an actual jeep pdf file with water leaking problems and fixes.

olram30

here are the holes that you were asking about, the one near the rear is fine. your call..
water leak 2.PNG

olram30

So is this the issue about everybody complaining about the wet carpet if front? Good info!:thumb:

it could also come from the cowl. i have a 26 page pdf file with every water leak fix on a jeep. from soft, hard tops, freedom panels. you name it.
here is a sample.
water leak3.PNG

olram30

When I get back, I'll look into it. There is part numbers for foam repair kit for hardtop leaks. I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom