Question about street legal fogs.

SaharaJKU

Hey everyone. I replaced my stock headlights a couple months ago with the KC LED headlights and while I like them way better than the stock ones, now I want to get LED fogs. I currently have the KC Apollo Pro 55w fogs wired into the stock switch in the cab and they don't really do much paired with my new headlights. I also have the XRC front bumper so I'm looking for something that will mount easily like the KC'S. Just wondering if anyone else is running the same headlights with the same bumper and what options I could go with. I've searched around and haven't found much. Thanks guys. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427572250.893505.jpg

Tanner505

I just replaced my fog light bulbs with 55 watt ones from v-leds.com they work good and put off a lot of light

spinuck

I have a question too. I see a lot of people who want really bright fog lights. wouldn't they then be flood lights, and less useful in the fog?

SaharaJKU

I just replaced my fog light bulbs with 55 watt ones from v-leds.com they work good and put off a lot of light

KC says you need a H3 bulb. I don't see any that would fit into the KC'S on V-Leds unless I'm not looking in the right spot?

Hey everyone. I replaced my stock headlights a couple months ago with the KC LED headlights and while I like them way better than the stock ones, now I want to get LED fogs. I currently have the KC Apollo Pro 55w fogs wired into the stock switch in the cab and they don't really do much paired with my new headlights. I also have the XRC front bumper so I'm looking for something that will mount easily like the KC'S. Just wondering if anyone else is running the same headlights with the same bumper and what options I could go with. I've searched around and haven't found much. Thanks guys. View attachment 133732

Do you like the XRC front bumper? I love the look but, I've heard from a lot of people to steer clear from smittybilt because they aren't that well made.. How do you feel about it?

srosario

My xrc bumper and Inspired enginering spot light, flood light were to bright for incoming trafic

Attachments

• 1427596268668.jpg
    1427596268668.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 58

ChrisMR589

Do you like the XRC front bumper? I love the look but, I've heard from a lot of people to steer clear from smittybilt because they aren't that well made.. How do you feel about it?

I have the XRC rear with tire carrier. I can honestly say that when the opportunity arises I will not be buying smittybilt for my next Jeep. The carrier is only 6 months old and rattles like crazy. It's not because it's sliding up and down on the post it attaches to, when I grab the tire it moves maybe an 1/8" back and forth causing the noises. I've re tightened all the bolts and make sure it always is packed full of grease. Just not very well built. The material it's made out of is great on the other hand. Solid stock, great powder coating. It is super heavy though. Maybe it's just mine... but I won't go back to it again. Saving up for that EVO booty now!! :cool:

SaharaJKU

I know about Smittybilt being hated on but for the price I got it for it's not bad and has held up well and I do like the looks of it. One day I'll upgrade to the Evo 1/4 though. :)

SaharaJKU

I have the XRC rear with tire carrier. I can honestly say that when the opportunity arises I will not be buying smittybilt for my next Jeep. The carrier is only 6 months old and rattles like crazy. It's not because it's sliding up and down on the post it attaches to, when I grab the tire it moves maybe an 1/8" back and forth causing the noises. I've re tightened all the bolts and make sure it always is packed full of grease. Just not very well built. The material it's made out of is great on the other hand. Solid stock, great powder coating. It is super heavy though. Maybe it's just mine... but I won't go back to it again. Saving up for that EVO booty now!! :cool:

I have the rear bumper also and haven't had any noises or issues with it. If I had the chance to do it over again I would be going with Evo front and rear bumpers but for now the Smitty's work for me. :thumb:

Top Bottom