PDA

View Full Version : Flashcal driver, what am I doing wrong?

USMC Wrangler
03-28-2015, 09:06 PM
So I got my Flashcal in anticipation of the new tires being installed. I was able to download the Spark program but cannot get the driver to install. I tried it on my Windows 7 machine. I have emailed ron at Superchips, but I know they are closed for the weekend. I'm trying to get this done so I can take advantage of the 50% off upgrade to use it as a Flashpaq. I can't get the new tires installed until Friday.

Please let me know what I'm missing??? I'm sure I am doing something wrong because I'm so good at that! :naw::banghead::banghead::banghead:

OJK12
03-28-2015, 11:54 PM
I had the same issues with the program recently. I feel your pain, ultimately I had to turn the computer firewall off completely and install it manually. Here is screen shots of how to manually install it, hope this helps as it worked for me. 133774133775

USMC Wrangler
03-29-2015, 01:34 AM
Thanks! PM sent

USMC Wrangler
03-30-2015, 02:56 AM
OJK12's info did help. Thanks again OJ! :yup: Here are a few other things I found out via trial and error. :doh:

Make sure the tuner is plugged in
I had to completely uninstall my McAfee program. Simply shutting it off wouldn't allow me to disable the Windows Firewall.
I was able to get and install the TPMS option, but also tried to get the Flashpaq update since its currently 50% off! But, since my rural city didn't show up in their store database, it said the transaction was declined. When I checked my bank account the $89.99 showed as pending!!! I have an email into Superchips tech and will call tomorrow if I don't hear anything by midday or so.

I'm sure Superchips will make it right and I'll post an update when I get it all set.

USMC Wrangler
03-31-2015, 05:36 PM
I finally got some time today to call the Superchips Tech Help. They manually input my tuner and billing info and sent the upgrade so I could download it into Spark. Ron was very helpful and patient! :thumb:

You will need your tuner serial number when you call as well as your credit card and billing address
When I updated the tuner it input the Flashpaq info, then gave me error code #G-B3. I disconnected the tuner, closed Spark and reopened Spark. Once I plugged the tuner in it showed there were updates again. I let that run and it now shows as a 3571 tuner.

I plan on installing my tunes tonight, except tire size. (New tires don't go on until Thursday or Friday)

shadowpaige64507
08-29-2015, 02:29 AM
I can't get the Spark program to recognize my Flashcal. I tried to follow the instructions to get the driver but no luck. Any suggestions?

USMC Wrangler
08-29-2015, 11:40 AM
What anti-virus are you using? See my #2 above re: firewall. Mine wasn't completely off until mcafee was uninstalled.

Shootingjeeper
08-29-2015, 02:32 PM
The only was I could get Spark to download properly for my Flashpaq was to download it from this website... You need to know if you are using 32 or 64 bit version of windows. By doing this, I don't remember having to delete any virus software or having to turn off any firewalls but it has been so long ago I can't swear by it. 162449

USMC Wrangler
08-29-2015, 02:45 PM
The only was I could get Spark to download properly for my Flashpaq was to download it from this website... You need to know if you are using 32 or 64 bit version of windows. By doing this, I don't remember having to delete any virus software or having to turn off any firewalls but it has been so long ago I can't swear by it. 162449

Hopefully that does work. For me, once I could shut down the firewall, everything (other than my billing address issue) worked fine.

Shadow, let us know how it works out for you.

CREEPR
08-29-2015, 02:50 PM
On windows 7 if you hit the "start" key on the keyboard and pause break key in the top right it will show if it is 32 or 64bit

jeeeep
08-29-2015, 06:23 PM
I can't get the Spark program to recognize my Flashcal. I tried to follow the instructions to get the driver but no luck. Any suggestions?

did you install it with the flashcal disconnected? and the software closed?
also, did you reboot?
once you reboot launch the software without the flashcal usb plugged in, you should get the update complete pop up.

plugin the flashcal and it should work ... "should" is a relative term :beer:

shadowpaige64507
08-29-2015, 08:10 PM
I played around a bit last night and was finally able to download the driver. This morning I was able to update it.

tharb5111
08-29-2015, 08:11 PM
I played around a bit last night and was finally able to download the driver. This morning I was able to update it.

Works with win10?

shadowpaige64507
08-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Works with win10?

Not sure. I have win7

el_chupo_
08-29-2015, 09:57 PM
What did you do to get it to update?

I have win7. I have disabled all firewall and uninstalled anti-virus. Nothing

I went to the page above (superchipsu.com) and downloaded the drivers and placed them into the correct folder per the instructions - nothing

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spark. Nothing.

I like the tuner, but I want to turn off the TPMS light...

OJK12
08-29-2015, 11:32 PM
I can't understand why with today's technology that we can't just either get a tuner that has built in wifi so you can just use it without a computer or buy a cable and just use your phone as the tuner. I think it would make life so much easier but that's easy to say I guess from where I stand.

shadowpaige64507
08-30-2015, 01:03 AM
What did you do to get it to update?

I plugged the tuner back in. Then when to Devices. Then clicked on the one that said something like Supertuner. Can't remember exactly what it said. I clicked on find driver. Left it running all night and it was there in the morning

colorblindspy
09-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Any have an update on this. Having same issues and cant get it to load a proper driver for the controller.

shadowpaige64507
09-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Any have an update on this. Having same issues and cant get it to load a proper driver for the controller.

I had to try on two different computers. Very frustrating but eventually got it to work. Keep trying!

tharb5111
09-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Their new tire pressure setting is now on at stock setting or all off and set to zero. No more sliding scale for you to set your own pressure. They said it no longer works in 2013 or 14 models so it's either all on or all off. Disappointing but at least it gets rid of the warning lights. Those were annoying.

Flexy
09-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Their new tire pressure setting is now on at stock setting or all off and set to zero. No more sliding scale for you to set your own pressure. They said it no longer works in 2013 or 14 models so it's either all on or all off. Disappointing but at least it gets rid of the warning lights. Those were annoying.

That's a bummer. I just received my FlashCal yesterday. The TPMS threshold was a feature I planned on using. Disappointing.

Also, I couldn't get the drivers to work on my Win7 laptop. Using my Win8 laptop solved the issue.

piginajeep
09-09-2015, 06:12 PM
That's a bummer. I just received my FlashCal yesterday. The TPMS threshold was a feature I planned on using. Disappointing.

Also, I couldn't get the drivers to work on my Win7 laptop. Using my Win8 laptop solved the issue.

I can't get mine to connect on win8.

tharb5111
09-09-2015, 06:18 PM

You can't use the web address they list in instructions. I called them after having same issue and they sent me to www.fusionupdate.com. click on download spark updater and your golden. They really need to update the directions for install.

piginajeep
09-09-2015, 06:38 PM
You can't use the web address they list in instructions. I called them after having same issue and they sent me to www.fusionupdate.com. click on download spark updater and your golden. They really need to update the directions for install.

I did download the spark. It will not find the programmer.

shadowpaige64507
09-09-2015, 07:04 PM
I did download the spark. It will not find the programmer.

Only way I got mine to work was plugging the programmer in.

Control Panel
Device Manager
Then look for something called SuperFlash (I can't remember what it was called, but it should be obvious.
After you right click on that you can search for Driver.
Mine took a long time but found it when I left the computer open all night.

Hope that helps.

JAGS
09-09-2015, 07:13 PM

I tried on two different PCs and never could get it to work. Ended up selling the damn thing and going pro cal.

el_chupo_
09-09-2015, 09:44 PM
I still havent got it to work, and I am close to doing the same. Or I could just buy a set of TPMS sensors, but then, I would rather be able to turn it off. I like the code reader and ability to lock the diffs in 4-hi, so its a bit of a debate right now. I might try to borrow another laptop to play with, though.

ChaosNein
09-09-2015, 11:18 PM
THIS is why we use AEV ProCals...

NevadaZielmeister
09-10-2015, 12:33 AM
THIS is why we use AEV ProCals...

👆👆
👍👍

This is what will go in my soon to be 2016 Jeep as well. Thank you Drew for the always sound advice.

shadowpaige64507
09-13-2015, 11:27 PM
I like the flashcal because it reads the codes WITH a description of what the code means.

Hal
11-28-2015, 03:53 AM
I'm on my 3rd PC and am at the point where, when I do a "Check for Windows Updates", I can see the Superchips USB Driver (Windows 7), it downloads but will not install. Haven't had this much trouble installing software since the early 90s.
Windows Update error 80070103

USMC Wrangler
11-28-2015, 03:59 AM
I'm no cpu expert, but want to make sure you know that all firewall programs must be disabled. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I had to uninstall McAfee and then shutdown the Windows Firewall.

JAGS
11-28-2015, 05:27 AM
I'm on my 3rd PC and am at the point where, when I do a "Check for Windows Updates", I can see the Superchips USB Driver (Windows 7), it downloads but will not install. Haven't had this much trouble installing software since the early 90s.
Windows Update error 80070103

Had similar issues with mine. Just gave up, sold it and got a procal with the toggles.

I'm no cpu expert, but want to make sure you know that all firewall programs must be disabled. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I had to uninstall McAfee and then shutdown the Windows Firewall.

Interesting about the firewall. Kind of insane you need to make it that "open" just to run an update for tuner.

USMC Wrangler
11-28-2015, 05:31 AM
Agreed. Seems to me the Spark program is basically a virus.

kyle521
01-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Spark is able to recognize my flashcal, but it says not updates are available, but my flashcal says their is a database error and it needs to be updated.

USMC Wrangler
01-06-2019, 02:25 AM
Spark is able to recognize my flashcal, but it says not updates are available, but my flashcal says their is a database error and it needs to be updated.

Best recommendation I have for you is to call the Superchips customer service. They have been helpful to me in the past.

.................................................. ..............
Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

DWiggles
01-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Best recommendation I have for you is to call the Superchips customer service. They have been helpful to me in the past.

.................................................. ..............
Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors
Best recommendation would be to take the superchips product, and place it in the garbage can...

I've had mine for over 3 years... STILL cant update it. Buy an AEV procal and be headache free...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24788-Trail-Raider-Photo-Diary-Build-Thread)

USMC Wrangler
01-12-2019, 02:08 AM
Best recommendation would be to take the superchips product, and place it in the garbage can...

I've had mine for over 3 years... STILL cant update it. Buy an AEV procal and be headache free...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24788-Trail-Raider-Photo-Diary-Build-Thread)

I won’t disagree with you. It was a PITA to get mine going. It has operated as expected since.