JE REEL Driveshafts

jorgelrod

Hooked
I see, they sell a front DS for for up to 6" of lift and 33" tires that is 1310 Ts and one for up to 6" and 35"s that is 1350 Ts. The PR44 say you can add 1310 for like extra $30 which makes me think that its plenty strong since it's optional and not the standard. Do I really need the 1350 for the front on a PR44? Do you guys recommend a 1310 even if JE Reel says they recommend it for up to 33's?

Just making my list for the upcoming purchase...

NV375

I see, they sell a front DS for for up to 6" of lift and 33" tires that is 1310 Ts and one for up to 6" and 35"s that is 1350 Ts. The PR44 say you can add 1310 for like extra $30 which makes me think that its plenty strong since it's optional and not the standard. Do I really need the 1350 for the front on a PR44? Do you guys recommend a 1310 even if JE Reel says they recommend it for up to 33's?

I just had ORE install a PR44 and a Reel 1350 under the front of my JKUR with 35s. I say don't try to go cheap it will cost you more later.

JAGS

Hooked
If you're already investing in a stronger aftermarket axle, why not put a stronger DS? Go with the 1350.

Last edited:

Rayz

something to consider...

It would seem that if something were to break,,I would (me anyways) rather have a u-joint go rather than something else...kind of a "fusible link"..also easiest to fix s opposed to a ring or pinion ...so overbuilding the DS might not be the best...

spinuck

I have reel 1350's front and rear, I was wondering if anyone has a part number for replacement ujoints? I know most auto stores carry them, just dont want to get the wrong ones.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

To put things into perspective, the one u-joint you have on your factory front drive shaft is a 1330. In other words, it's slightly bigger/stronger than a 1310. See where I'm going with this?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have reel 1350's front and rear, I was wondering if anyone has a part number for replacement ujoints? I know most auto stores carry them, just dont want to get the wrong ones.

You should be able to go to your local Napa Autoparts and ask for a standard 1350 u-joint.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Sold on the 1350 guys, I did not know the front D30 had a 1330 u joint, you learn something new every day...

Top Bottom