Boat Wakeboard Bar Speakers

I've seen these speakers on a wrangler before and I think it'd be a sweet project for this summer. Does anyone know which ones work best or how to mount/ wire them?

I've seen these speakers on a wrangler before and I think it'd be a sweet project for this summer. Does anyone know which ones work best or how to mount/ wire them?

I have a local friend that did this with his JK. I'll see if I can get some pics from him for you. I do know that the ones he used are very easily removed if he needs the space.

That's awesome! Thanks!

You looking to mount yours to the rollbars? My friend has his attached to the inside of the rear tub as his ride didn't come with a sub woofer. He's on his way home right now but said he'd grab a few pics later today. I'll post them up when I get them.

You looking to mount yours to the rollbars? My friend has his attached to the inside of the rear tub as his ride didn't come with a sub woofer. He's on his way home right now but said he'd grab a few pics later today. I'll post them up when I get them.

Yeah I was thinking about using something like this on the roll bar and feeding the wires under the fabric. tube clamp.jpg

That would probably work, but the setup my friend uses has the wire harness/plug incorporated into the quick disconnect so they are really easy to remove without having to mess with the wires each time.

Yeah, I was hoping to put a quick disco under the fabric or right behind the speaker so I can tuck it back in if I take them off.

BlacknRedJK

Wetsounds Audio make amazing boat speakers that range in size. They are crazy loud and sounds great. We have them in our boat and love them.

Yeah, I was hoping to put a quick disco under the fabric or right behind the speaker so I can tuck it back in if I take them off.

Ok here's the pics. As you can see, the plug is actually part of the mount. He simply loosens the set screw to remove the speakers, no wires to mess with. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427678357.431934.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427678369.208191.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427678381.370654.jpg

So did he just feed the wire through the mount? And then how did he attach it to the actual tub?

The mount actually has a built in fixed plug built into it (male) and the speaker contains the other half (female) much like you'd find on something like an electric guitar. I'm not sure how the mounts are secured to the tub but I'm guessing he probably used nutserts and with a small bead of silicon to reduce any vibration.

Top Bottom