Rancho 9000xl or fox 2.0 res.

toxicwaste29

I keep alternating between these two shocks. I have pro comp junk right now and am running on a blown one. I prefer going fast offroad so am leaning toward the fox 2.0 reservoir tuned by teraflex. I hear the teraflex tune is softer for road driving which I do the majority of my driving on. I also like that the fox can be rebuilt. I hear the rancho 9000 is a great shock and I'm liking the like it or return it gaurantee. Which would you recommend and why? I have 3.5" of lift so should I go 1-3 in of lift or 4-6 in lift for shock length? I heard fox runs long. Thanks for the help.

I have the Rancho RS9000's and like them because I can adjust them from 1 being super soft to 9 being super stiff. If the Fox 2.5's have been tuned by Teraflex chances are they are tuned to run with the Teraflex coils.

JK LYF

I have the Rancho RS9000's and like them because I can adjust them from 1 being super soft to 9 being super stiff. If the Fox 2.5's have been tuned by Teraflex chances are they are tuned to run with the Teraflex coils.

Canvas, is it difficult adjusting them?

toxicwaste29

Yes they are tuned to run with teraflex coils however from my reading people get the teraflex tuned shocks and use them on other coils since they are softer. I was going to upgrade my coils also; would I be better going teraflex tuned Fox's and teraflex coils? Also are the reservoirs worth it or should I consider fox IFPs. The reservoirs of course keep shocks cooler and also I hear its a softer ride. Also I like the stainless and aluminum that fox offers since I'm in the rust belt and nothing lasts that is steel

USMCvet

Banned
Anything rebuildable is worth keeping. I opted for Fox shocks on my JKUR build up because of the ride, the customer service, the durability, and the fact they are rebuildable. I've run them for years on my various rigs and toys with zero complaints.

tapcola

I have the 9000s love the adjustability , you will play with them for a while and then leave them alone , I run 5 & 6 on the settings .If you play in the rocks turn the rears around so you don't break the adjusters off .

hudginsja

I have the 9000s on my F350 and love the adjustability. I agree on turning the rears around so you don't break the adjusters off. Sorry no jeep experience with them,

Top Bottom