This Jeeper didn't want to get towed!

bigtrucker52

That's too funny. By law he couldn't have been towed since he was in the jeep and i'm pretty sure by law the tow truck driver couldn't lift the car off the ground with someone in it. I may be wrong but that's what i have heard

DA RUNT

That's too funny. By law he couldn't have been towed since he was in the jeep and i'm pretty sure by law the tow truck driver couldn't lift the car off the ground with someone in it. I may be wrong but that's what i have heard

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he could have caught a kidnapping charge for towing a vehicle with someone inside.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Not 100% sure so don't be quoting me on this but I think they can lift the vehicle if somebody is in it but they can't tow the vehicle with somebody in it. Also if it were a repo (not saying this one was a repo) and the tow truck driver has lifted it and calls it in, it is considered grand theft auto for jumping in and driving off. Again I'm not 100% on that as I can't remember for sure.

I was actually looking into running a wrecker service and had talked to some people about repos but don't remember for sure on everything. Seems like I remember this stuff though. But I very well could be wrong and it may also depend on the state.

I think this whole thing was staged. What tow truck driver in their right mind would hook up to a vehicle lift it off the ground and not slap a safety chain too all while someone was inside. Also why would anyone who is sitting in their vehicle let a tow truck hook up to their vehicle when they could just move it. Again maybe I am over thinking this and using common sense. :hmm::idontknow:

seanb123

I think this whole thing was staged. What tow truck driver in their right mind would hook up to a vehicle lift it off the ground and not slap a safety chain too all while someone was inside. Also why would anyone who is sitting in their vehicle let a tow truck hook up to their vehicle when they could just move it. Again maybe I am over thinking this and using common sense. :hmm::idontknow:

Many repo drivers hook it up drive it away and fix it safely with straps in a different parking lot. So more than likely it is real and the guy has just lifted it and the owner saw.

Top Bottom