Rear Sway Bar bushing bolt size

Hey Guys.

I've used good ol google and haven't come up with a definitive answer.

I need to replace the bolts for the rear sway bar at the bushing.

I found something that said M10x1.5x35 However the post was vague and I think it's for a TJ.

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
the bolts that mount the sway bar to the frame bushings are actually M12x1.50x70, same as the lower sway link to axle mount bolt.

This is why I was needing to know I'm assuming these are the bolts your talking about?

View attachment 134298

Yep that's what I need.

the bolts that mount the sway bar to the frame bushings are actually M12x1.50x70, same as the lower sway link to axle mount bolt.

Just called the dealer about this today it's a m10 1.5x 40
Although class I'm not sure my guess is 10.9???

I seem to have conflicting data still.

I guess I'll get both and report back.

Thanks guys.

desertrunner

Just call the dealership they can tell you... And M10x1.5x 40 is what they told me I would be willing to bet they are right. But I'm pretty sure that hole just goes into the frame so my guess is multiple length bolts will work just as long as it isn't too short

desertrunner

So I know this isn't the most scientific measurement but this is the sheared off part of my bolt with a 10mm socet on the right and a 12mm socket on the left the shaft of the bolt fits nice into the 10mm one. Hope that helps

ForumRunner_20150331_072857.png

ForumRunner_20150331_072907.png

desertrunner

K so I just replaced all 4 of mine with M10x1.5x40 and it fit perfectly. It's a little longer then the stock one but it just goes up into the frame and has plenty of room to spare but definitely an M10

ForumRunner_20150402_174130.png

desertrunner

Awesome!

I still haven't picked up bolts. M10 it is then.

Thanks for posting what you found.

no problem :thumb:

i never did find out what class the bolt should be but my local machine shop only had those in 8.8 so hopefully its fine i cant imagine the rear sway bar needing 10.9

Top Bottom