Hard top horrible leak...

HeffnerJK

Hey I've got an 08 JKU with the factory Freedom 3-piece hardtop. Went through the touchless car wash and all of a sudden Niagara Falls comes down all over me and the seat.. A solid stream of water about the size of a penny coming down for the duration of my $11 ultimate package. Not to mention before that I went to a family owned car wash and they completely detailed the inside (couldn't wash the outside because it didn't fit in their washer.. Downside of 37s that stick out 5 inches(; ). Once I got out and went BACK to get it dried up and cleaned again I looked and behind the seatbelt plastic door cover I could see daylight... Any suggestions on stopping this waterfall?

Bryan__howell

I have an 08 as well, and the same problem. Seems many people have these types of annoying problems with the 08. Water leaks in by the drivers side window, all over the seat and between the door and seat. Where's yours coming from?

hhunter050

I have an 08 and I have the same damn problem. Thought it was cause I didn't screw my hardtop all the way down but it still does it. Driver and passenger sides.

Christarp

my 07 also leaks right at the corner where the doors meet the top. Don't know how to fix it. Funny enough my soft top leaks a lot less than my hard top.

HeffnerJK

I have an 08 as well, and the same problem. Seems many people have these types of annoying problems with the 08. Water leaks in by the drivers side window, all over the seat and between the door and seat. Where's yours coming from?

It's coming from behind the roll bar where the panel of the hardtop meets the rear hardtop. And in the top rear corner of the driver door. Passenger door leaks too but not much.

USMC Wrangler

You're a hero! That link you shared had exactly what I needed! A "B-pillar mucket" was exactly what rubber piece I need! Hopefully.. Thank you so much!

:thumb: So very happy to help! I'm a noob to the Jeep world so it's rare when what I have to say isn't a question.

tonytony9

Usc wrangler got it! They had a recall on the rubber seal I believe awhile back. That should fix the problem for Ya! I have the same problem with my 08, not as severe though at all! Been meaning to do this

Top Bottom