Advice

JK_Jimmy

So I need some advice or just some feedback. Everytime I fill up my gas tank all the way it overflow. Like o can't just leave the pump in and fill it up all the way. If I want to top it off I have to be very careful or else has will spill out of the tank. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm feeling some slight pull on the steering wheel while making some turns. It's not as smooth as I would like it to be. Anyone know what I could do to smooth that out or is that not even an issue. Might just be something you deal with having bigger tires. I'm running 35x12.5r17 with a 2.5in lift.

Any advice or wisdom would be much appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Beat me to it :D

Also, I'm feeling some slight pull on the steering wheel while making some turns. It's not as smooth as I would like it to be. Anyone know what I could do to smooth that out or is that not even an issue. Might just be something you deal with having bigger tires. I'm running 35x12.5r17 with a 2.5in lift.

Maybe you can explain this a bit better because I'm not quite sure I get what you're trying to say.

JK_Jimmy

LOL!! Beat me to it :D

Maybe you can explain this a bit better because I'm not quite sure I get what you're trying to say.

Sorry I'm not quite sure how to explain it. It's very minuscule but it feels almost like I were turning with it in 4 wheels drive on pavement. It's very minuscule like I said. Maybe it's in my head but I feel like the steering should feel tighter. I apologize if I'm still not explaining it right.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
looking at your profile, says 2.5" teraflex lift. this may be caster related, i don't know. but did you set your lower arms the same length? or follow their directions and set them to different lengths?

JK_Jimmy

looking at your profile, says 2.5" teraflex lift. this may be caster related, i don't know. but did you set your lower arms the same length? or follow their directions and set them to different lengths?

Hmm I honestly don't know the answer to that. I have to research what a caster is first haha. It's been about 500 miles since I threw the lift on so I should get under and re torque everything as well.

JK_Jimmy

So I think I finally figured out what this problem is....my u joints. After watching this video I have pretty much this exact problem so I'll be switching out the u joints today after work. What I had was a slight wobble in the wheel when I would turn at low speeds. I never had any wobble at highway speeds or when I'm driving straight it was only when I would turn. It was also slightly more severe when I would turn left compared to when I turn right. I'm just glad it hasn't seriously failed yet. Video is below.

http://youtu.be/qoJxEXKhzFU

If anyone has any feed back or wants to call me out on being an idiot feel free to...

Top Bottom