CA OHV Sticker Required?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I've done a brief search and haven't come up with much other than what is on the CA DMV site.

Is a green OHV sticker required here in CA on our Jeeps when on trials such as the Rubicon on the Dusy? Reading on the DMV site makes me think it is required, however, I really haven't seen any talk here about them here on the forum.

Thanks!

jeff_in_rc

Eddie is correct of course, the only time you would have to have one is if your rig were off-road only and not street legal.

dwmgcs

You will need a sticker here in Oregon, only $10 and can be purchased at our typical meeting point the Gales Creek Shell Station.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
You will need a sticker here in Oregon, only $10 and can be purchased at our typical meeting point the Gales Creek Shell Station.

Good to know! I'll try to pick one up earlier in the week so we're ready to go for the Browns Camp run! :thumbup:

Tree Frog

The Rubicon trail is actually considered a county road. Don't know about Dusy.
Where you need the OHV sticker in CA is in an OHV area like the one at Shashta by Redding and Prairie City by Folsom.
Your sticker from CA is accepted up here and our sticker is accepted down there.

Besides the money goes to support the OHV system, so think of it as a donation. ;)

Now if I could just figure out how to put it on strait. :doh:

Panda

The Rubicon trail is actually considered a county road. Don't know about Dusy.
Where you need the OHV sticker in CA is in an OHV area like the one at Shashta by Redding and Prairie City by Folsom.
Your sticker from CA is accepted up here and our sticker is accepted down there.

Besides the money goes to support the OHV system, so think of it as a donation. ;)

Now if I could just figure out how to put it on strait. :doh:

You don't need a green sticker for any street legal vehicle in prairie city or anywhere in Cali

Tree Frog

Sorry, I stand corrected. :blush:
Different from up here. Has it always been this way down there?

I guess I should have gotten off my tail and gone and checked out the CA. OHV page before I said anything. Sorry again.

Top Bottom