Best shop for lift install: CentralCal

Please recommend a shop for a lift install in Central California. Not 4Wheel Parts. I have previous experience with having past Jeeps lifted at "bubba's backyard garage". Needless to say...there were issues. Is it too much to ask for a competant and well done job. JK's have been in production for a very long time. It should be a science by now.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Last edited:
^^This^^
Unfortunately, you're in a location that just doesn't offer much more than 4WP. Also, a lot depends on what kind of lift you buy, if you go with something cheap that has little to no adjustments, it's going to ride and drive like crap and you just won't be happy with it no matter who installs it.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Yup! ORE. I just drove down to ORE from the Bay Area for gears. We'll worth the time and gas! :thumbup:

MarkW13

Please recommend a shop for a lift install in Central California. Not 4Wheel Parts. I have previous experience with having past Jeeps lifted at "bubba's backyard garage". Needless to say...there were issues. Is it too much to ask for a competant and well done job. JK's have been in production for a very long time. It should be a science by now.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Install it yourself. Talk to some of the 4x4 in motion guys, they may be able to help.

If you want to test your jeep a little more than hite cove, slick rock on hwy 4 is a good trail.

Last edited:

07JKSahara

Install it yourself. Talk to some of the 4x4 in motion guys, they may be able to help.

What do you know about those guys?!? I met a couple on Niagara Rim by chance. They adopt the trail and were doing maintenance. Great people! I'm sure they'd love to help/ recommend someone local.

MarkW13

I've ran into them on the trail a few times. Always good guys/gals. I have some friends in Turlock/Hilmar and they know some as well. Never heard a complaint. They also host an annual poker run at niagra. Its definitely their home trail.

07JKSahara

I've ran into them on the trail a few times. Always good guys/gals. I have some friends in Turlock/Hilmar and they know some as well. Never heard a complaint. They also host an annual poker run at niagra. Its definitely their home trail.

Sounds like you're not far from me. Hopefully we'll meet up. I'm planning to do the poker run this year.

MTG

Caught the Bug
What lift?

I second making the drive down to ORE…if you aren't willing to learn to do it yourself.

K.D.C.H

Off Road Evolution are hands down the best out there but I have to admit I'm pretty happy with Panda Motorsports :D

There's a lot you can learn when you do it all yourself if you have the time and know how. Wayalife has a lot of people willing to lend a hand and/or offer advice and tips.

Interesting choice of words....

Our training and skills are more medical than engineering orientated. Lets put it this way: on the trail, some one may have to put YOU back together. And you may be thankful we're along for the drive even though I didn't install my own lift. And we won't hold that against you.

What lift?

I second making the drive down to ORE…if you aren't willing to learn to do it yourself.

SFNick

Our training and skills are more medical than engineering orientated. Lets put it this way: on the trail, some one may have to put YOU back together. And you may be thankful we're along for the drive even though I didn't install my own lift. And we won't hold that against you.

Oooooh.....Burn! 💉👈

MarkW13

I think you really must elaborate on what you are looking for in a lift. Height, ride, use, and affordability. What size tires are you going to run? Providing a little info will help.

Anyone can learn to work on their jeep. I'll patch you and your jeep back together, then build a place to aid in your recovery.

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Plain and simple...a man must know his limitations! For me, I can't paint rooms of a house worth a damn, so I call the painter. His lines are going to look 100% better than my hack job! (Trust me, I've got a few painting stories and none of them end well!). That said, I feel 100% comfortable pulling apart my Jeep and putting it back together on what seems like a regular basis! :D

As a side note, installing a lift on your Jeep is really straight forward. A set of basic tools and a buddy can help you get it done in an afternoon. :thumb:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them all out.

My Baja Yellow 2 door JK is arriving next week. I ordered manual tranny,3:73, hard top but crank windows and 9 speaker sound. No nav.

I haven't chosen a lift; but I'll run 305's on 18" with flat fenders. I know technically I can run stock, but I like the space. So, I'm thinking 3". Also...brace yourself...I'm not a rockcrawler, so investing in the awesome Evo lift doesn't make sense for me.
Depends on the lift you go with.

Full Traction Suspension is located in Bakersfield.....

I appreciate you. I do. But, this is our 7th Wangler from 1982-2012. We did our own lift or helped in our friends truck shop for each one. But, I'm busy with two jobs and college and want to pay someone skilled in JK's to do this one. I just need a direction to go in.

Plain and simple...a man must know his limitations! For me, I can't paint rooms of a house worth a damn, so I call the painter. His lines are going to look 100% better than my hack job! (Trust me, I've got a few painting stories and none of them end well!). That said, I feel 100% comfortable pulling apart my Jeep and putting it back together on what seems like a regular basis! :D

As a side note, installing a lift on your Jeep is really straight forward. A set of basic tools and a buddy can help you get it done in an afternoon. :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug

AYFKM?!

Please tell me you didn't take offense to that. If you did, you should probably choose a differently forum and more importantly thicken up that skin of yours.

That said, unless it's a VERY advanced install you should be able to do it yourself…even though you are not an 'engineer.' If it's so advanced you can't do it yourself ORE is still the best shop in Cali…north or south it's worth the drive. But then again, this is your 25th jeep or something like that, so you should know that already. :crazyeyes:

Oh, and I've taken apart and put together plenty of bodies, so while your internet flexing might be impressive to some, it means nothing to me. Maybe after 7 jeeps you can finally learn to work on your own for once? :idontknow:

Top Bottom