Greasing Evo Front Lowers

Buster3479

How are you guys greasing these for maintenance? While I could drop them to do it, I'm looking for a way that doesn't involve loosening and tightening the same bolt at regular intervals. Mine are in a PR 44 front, maybe drop them and install a right angle zerk? I didn't realize how rusty the undercarriage is getting after winter. I'll have to get under there with some black in a few weeks when it warms up consistently.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpg
    IMG_4237.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 209

David1tontj

You could also rotate 180 degrees. I have Currie arms, rotated so the zerk is on the bottom, then I used a flush zerk.

If you play in the rocks a lot, you'll end up ripping it off or smashing a flush one. I've ripped a few off.

On my list of things to do is to get a handful of 90* zerks.

aermotor

I've used cheap 90s on my arms (not EVO) and they have worked fine. Probably should have bought something higher quality but it works.

Do we know why EVO doesn't use 90s? There must be a reason we don't know.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Took a picture of how I have my zerks pointing. Easy to grease. Just screw them in to a spot you can get to them easy.

Attachments

• 1427905873480.jpg
    1427905873480.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 143

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Took a picture of how I have my zerks pointing. Easy to grease. Just screw them in to a spot you can get to them easy.

Are those long arms? Orlam? They don't appear to be at a very steep angle.

I'll definitely try the 90 as I have some at my shop. Not sure if I can grease them even with a 90 though. The EVO zerks are set much further back than yours. My FLCA also at a steeper angle which pushes the zerk further into the mount. I have the EVO Enforcer lift. I have just been dropping the arm on the front to gain access to both sides for greasing.

olram30

Are those long arms? Orlam? They don't appear to be at a very steep angle.

I'll definitely try the 90 as I have some at my shop. Not sure if I can grease them even with a 90 though. The EVO zerks are set much further back than yours. My FLCA also at a steeper angle which pushes the zerk further into the mount. I have the EVO Enforcer lift. I have just been dropping the arm on the front to gain access to both sides for greasing.

Short arms and 3" plush rides. Just a regular Johnny joint. Wouldn't the zerks be pointing at a better angle if your arms are at a steeper angle?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Short arms and 3" plush rides. Just a regular Johnny joint. Wouldn't the zerks be pointing at a better angle if your arms are at a steeper angle?

On the frame side joints it's not so bad but on the axle side they are sitting pretty far into the mount. The pic the OP posted is about where they are on the axle side and although it's hard to tell from a pic it's pretty buried and not much room to even get a regular diameter grease gun head in there. I'll try to get a pic of mine in a few with some sort of reference for size and spacing.

Edit: After looking at my arms while the Jeep is on the ground the zerk is just to the inside of the small cutout on the top side of the FLCA axle side mount. See pic below. It's not as tight as I remembered it being. (that's what he said) :D

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427913635.703306.jpg

After looking at mine the OP must have the jeep jacked up or something. Looks like a 90 would definitely work here. I just crawled under the jeep with my small grease gun for this pic.

olram30

They sell right angle couplers at tractor supply for 5 bucks.

Attachments

• 1427916479139.jpg
    1427916479139.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 102
Top Bottom