Jeep stepped up to the plate with customer service

JES

Long story short - I have a 2012 JKUR with a window sticker that states it's equipped with 4.10 gears. Well... not so much. After suspecting this wasn't the case, I requested a build sheet. The build sheet confirmed my suspicions, I actually have 3.73 gears.

I submitted an inquiry about the issue. Uploaded a scan of the window sticker. After a few months of emails and calls back and forth. Jeep pointed out the fine print on the window sticker. And to be honest I thought this was water under the bridge.

Until I received a call today. And Jeep offered me a free 36 month service package. I normally do my own services, but it looks like the dealer will be changing my oil and rotating the tires for me for a while.

Moral of this story. Don't trust a window sticker. Ask the dealer for the build sheet as well. A regear is in my future to 5.13s anyway. 👍

Last edited:

Tree Frog

Well its better than nothing. It was probably a lot cheaper for them to do this than to re-gear you to 4.10s.

Like you I prefer to do all of my own maintenance. I have read so many posts over the years of all the stupid stuff that happens to folks. (Forgetting to tighten lug nuts, forgetting to tighten the drain plug, wrong filter spraying oil all over, actually tightening the drain plug then forgetting to put oil back in it.)

Hey I used to live just south of you down in Erin. My old CJ5 is still running around back there someplace.

JES

Like you I prefer to do all of my own maintenance. I have read so many posts over the years of all the stupid stuff that happens to folks. (Forgetting to tighten lug nuts, forgetting to tighten the drain plug, wrong filter spraying oil all over, actually tightening the drain plug then forgetting to put oil back in it.) .

Ha. You had to throw in that true statement out there. I agree though, you never know what you're getting if you don't do it yourself.

Trail JK

Hmm, I think I have 4.10 gears. Guess I should ask for a build sheet. I hadn't heard of this before.

JES

Meh. It's probably just my luck. If it was raining lady parts, I'd get one with a man part already in it. 😜 I would suggest requesting a build sheet and while I was at it, I asked for any outstanding recalls for my VIN. 👍

Top Bottom