more I read more comfused I am with my original plan

J-S

Hi guys! Like you might have read already in other post I just got a 13 unlimited sahara and I plan on doing some mods to it obviously. My original plan was to go 3 inch teraflex ( it's the big brand up here I don't think there is e dealer for evo here) maybe 1 inch body lift and put 35's on for now then later upgrade to at least 4 inch and maybe get 37's. My problem is what I have been told is I won't need to do other mods then suspension and tires with 35's and might not have to do more right away when switching to 37's but what I read here tell me that I will need to do it if I plan to do anything else then paved road. Am I misunderstanding something?

MTG

Caught the Bug
J-S said:
Hi guys! Like you might have read already in other post I just got a 13 unlimited sahara and I plan on doing some mods to it obviously. My original plan was to go 3 inch teraflex ( it's the big brand up here I don't think there is e dealer for evo here) maybe 1 inch body lift and put 35's on for now then later upgrade to at least 4 inch and maybe get 37's. My problem is what I have been told is I won't need to do other mods then suspension and tires with 35's and might not have to do more right away when switching to 37's but what I read here tell me that I will need to do it if I plan to do anything else then paved road. Am I misunderstanding something?

What other mods? Might help with advice you'll receive.

With respect to getting EVO have you tried northridge4x4.ca?

IMHO the enforcer kit is great for those starting with 35s but wanting the option to move to 37s down the road. Very little to change when you move up.

J-S

Other mods like upgrading difs, axels etc I don't know all of the extra things to upgrade yet as I'm a total newb in the jeep/off road world. My local shop seem good and they do g off road alot but the advice I got compare to what I am reading here is different and I want to make sure I will not do more damage then anything else while modding my jeep

J-S

well really what I want to say is will I be ok with 35's with only a 3 inch lift and no other mods for now. I am not sure about the trails here so I can't tell you if they are tough or not but anyway I will stay in easy to moderate for now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well really what I want to say is will I be ok with 35's with only a 3 inch lift and no other mods for now. I am not sure about the trails here so I can't tell you if they are tough or not but anyway I will stay in easy to moderate for now

You can run 35" tires with just 3" of lift. If anything, the TF coils tend to ride tall and their 3" coils will yield you in reality about 4". IMHO, this is way too tall for 35's and I might recommend that you run their 2.5" coils instead. If you do plan on going 37's, just get the 3" coils and when you're ready to make the upgrade, trim your fenders. That'll get you clearing just fine and without having to raise your center of gravity. Being that you have a 13, you will NEED to replace your front drive shaft with an aftermarket one. A standard 1310 will do the job just fine and I would recommend that you get a JE Reel or Coast as they come with Spicer or Neapco U-joints standard.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I run 37" Kevlars with my Teraflex 3" longarm. Even though its a long arm, it uses the same 3" Teraflex springs. I still have stock driveshafts and have for 70k miles now. I upgraded to Rock Krawler heim jointed adjustable sway bar links, but only because the bushings on the Teraflex kept wearing out. Only other thing I've upgraded is the front axle. Evo C gussets, Evo control arm skids, RCV shafts, a rock Krawler hd steel tie rod, and a raised steering stabilizer mount. Besides frame side control arm bushings on my LNG arms, it's performed flawlessly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run 37" Kevlars with my Teraflex 3" longarm. Even though its a long arm, it uses the same 3" Teraflex springs. I still have stock driveshafts and have for 70k miles now. I upgraded to Rock Krawler heim jointed adjustable sway bar links, but only because the bushings on the Teraflex kept wearing out. Only other thing I've upgraded is the front axle. Evo C gussets, Evo control arm skids, RCV shafts, a rock Krawler hd steel tie rod, and a raised steering stabilizer mount. Besides frame side control arm bushings on my LNG arms, it's performed flawlessly.

Moochie was running 37" toyo's on TF 3" coils forever before upgrading to an EVO bolt on coil over system. The TF coils are definitely tall. I should note that the OP does have a 2013 and on it, you really need to address your front drive shaft with anything over 2.5" of lift or even with shocks that allow for a greater amount of droop than stock and this is regardless if you have an automatic or manual transmission.

J-S

Thx for the answer, I eventually plan on getting the bushwackers flat fenders for sure and with the lift I forgot to mention that I will change my front bumper as well so I might just jump on the barely uset 37's they offered me then. But at the same time this is my daily driver too.:thinking:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Moochie was running 37" toyo's on TF 3" coils forever before upgrading to an EVO bolt on coil over system. The TF coils are definitely tall. I should note that the OP does have a 2013 and on it, you really need to address your front drive shaft with anything over 2.5" of lift or even with shocks that allow for a greater amount of droop than stock and this is regardless if you have an automatic or manual transmission.

Oh yeah, I guess I didn't even mention that. Absolutely a front driveshaft is a requirement with that new engine and exhaust loop. My springs are tall, like 4.5" of lift tall.

Thx for the answer, I eventually plan on getting the bushwackers flat fenders for sure and with the lift I forgot to mention that I will change my front bumper as well so I might just jump on the barely uset 37's they offered me then. But at the same time this is my daily driver too.:thinking:

I ran those flares for a long time and liked them. Here's my JK on the Teraflex 3" springs, 37" tires, and flat flares. Should give you a good idea of what it'd look like.

IMG_0905.jpg

Plenty of room to flex even with the 3" springs and the flat flares.

3a14655b.jpg

Last edited:

DEMNJK11

What 37's are you running and I really like that look I'm running a 2.5" TF coil right now and want to go a little higher for 37's

highoctane

Caught the Bug
DEMNJK11 said:
What 37's are you running and I really like that look I'm running a 2.5" TF coil right now and want to go a little higher for 37's

Goodyear MT/T Kevlars, 37/12.50/17. However I would recommend a different tire.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

those are goodyear mt/r's. the real question you need to ask is how does he like them :crazyeyes:

btw, great shots of your jeep highoctane :thumb:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
those are goodyear mt/r's. the real question you need to ask is how does he like them :crazyeyes:

btw, great shots of your jeep highoctane :thumb:

Thanks! Lol, sad but true. I love how these tires look, but they are the worst tire I've run on the highway, horrible tire. And they aren't anything to write home about offroad.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! Lol, sad but true. I love how these tires look, but they are the worst tire I've run on the highway, horrible tire. And they aren't anything to write home about offroad.

what's sad is that most everyone i know who's run a set will say the same thing. i so wanted to like these tires but ended up not being able to stand them.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
what's sad is that most everyone i know who's run a set will say the same thing. i so wanted to like these tires but ended up not being able to stand them.

My thoughts exactly. I'm gloing back to Mud Grapplers for my next tire, since I ran them on my 18" Spyderlocks in a 35 and loved them.

Top Bottom