Most important budget friendly mods?

JakeJK

I'm in college and purchased my first jeep about a month ago. So far i have installed a touchscreen head unit and some JL subs but other than that my 2010 jeep sport is bone stock. What should I look at upgrading in my jeep that will get me the biggest bang for my buck, btw i'm getting the rest of my stereo for my birthday so i don't want to buy that with my money lol. Basically what is a necessity on a jeep, it is my daily driver but id like to take it off-roading eventually buy i like it clean right now as it is the first vehicle I've ever purchased.
thanksS

toxicwaste29

Save your money and have a slush fund for college when you dont work or pay off your jeep. Everyones definition of what is the best bang for buck to do first will likely be different.

JAGS

Hooked
Look for folks local to you parting out their jeep. You can upgrade your sport with some cheap rubicon take off such as sliders, wheels, tires, shocks and springs. :yup:

Also, Wayalife decals are one of the cheapest mods there is and makes your jeep more bad ass, guaranteed. ;)

K.D.C.H

Best thing to do is just leave it as it is until you figure out what direction you want to go. The parts you "need" will depend heavily on what you want to do.

When you do take it out on the trail pay attention and figure out where it's lacking and then address that particular issue. When you no longer have an issue, you will have built the Jeep that works for your needs.

If there is one item to look into I would say a set of tires and wheels off a Rubicon. Those right there will go a long way. Pay close attention to the for sale section and you'll see a steady flow of parts that would work for you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If those are side steps I see in your profile pic, get yourself a set of Rubicon take off rocker guards. Should be cheap and will get the job done. If you don't have them already, front and rear tow hooks would be next on my list. With those alone, you can have a great time. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you ask me a winch is up there for one of the first mods.

Only if you do a lot of wheeling by yourself. Otherwise, a good recovery kit would be at the top of the list for me. So long as you've got help, you'd be good to go :yup:

Grubbicon

Only if you do a lot of wheeling by yourself. Otherwise, a good recovery kit would be at the top of the list for me. So long as you've got help, you'd be good to go :yup:

Thats true too but I have used mine a lot just to pull the front end back down on the ground. But then again if your in a nearly stock jeep you most likely get into those situations.

TheStick

A few thoughts of cheap to free mods:

Cut flat fenders
Stubby stock bumper
Since you have a 2dr, stiffer 4dr take off springs (1"+ of lift depending on the springs you have now)
Take off Rubi shocks
Rubi take-off sliders
DYI grab handles

jango

there are so many different mods to do first. Im a fan of sliders first. Or find a cheap stubby front bumper. However if you do not have tow hooks front and rear those should be first.

JakeJK

I have 1 rear tow hook for some odd reason, but where should I look for these take off parts? That does seem like a very good option for me as they are probably decently inexpensive compared to good aftermarket stuff?

tapcola

You should get the basic survival stuff first , some way to air down and up , recovery straps , CB , some basic tools , 6 ton jack , good place to start .

StrizzyChris

Best thing to do is just leave it as it is until you figure out what direction you want to go. The parts you "need" will depend heavily on what you want to do.

THIS!!!!

Take your time and build your Jeep after you are certain about what you want. Most expensive mod is the one you do over again.

Second....pay off college debt first. Trust me, if you do that then your jeep found will grow rapidly and so will the life fund. :twocents:

Top Bottom