Lift kit question.

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone i'm thinking about getting a lift kit this summer. I'm looking into a 2.5"-4" lift. I know i'll need new and stronger c gussets for my front dana 30 axle for the 35s or 37 and new gears for them as well and longer brake lines. My question is will i need longer driveshafts with the 3-4" lift? And what size and kind for a 2008 jk x

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Pick a tire size and flat or factory fenders first. Look into je reel shafts. Probably the best shaft on the market. Brake line brackets or longer lines should be included in your lift kit
Just noticed you have a 2 door. You don't need much lift on a 2 door. 4" might be overkill

Last edited:

Webe

I was able to put 35s on w/o a lift. Did the flat fenders and a small cut on the seem of the body. Added to my bump stops. Tires fit great. But on a 2 door 2.5" lift is about all you will ever need.:twocents:

JohnnyD

Agreed, I'm about to install (finally warmer) RK 2.5" stock mod this weekend.

I already have 35's and flats, my pinch seam already factory cut, but factory rails needed a trim. I still rub, when she's weighted she rubs, that said I did not add bump as I knew I would be lifting

And I'm topless today!!! Woohoo...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427991811.129711.jpg

Top Bottom