Bilstein 9100 series coilover/rock crawler shocks

MarkW13

Anybody have any experience with Bilstein 9100 series coilovers? I'm weighing my options right now and would prefer to buy coilovers once. I know king makes a good product, but I really don't like that they are made in China. Thanks in advance for the input.

Edit, my trusted source is backtracking on where king shocks r made.

Last edited:

Jackal01

I know king makes a good product, but I really don't like that they are made in China.

Try Teraflex, too. All their products are USA made backed by their outstanding customer service and warranty.

Last edited:

MarkW13

Exactly where do you think the FOx shocks and Bilstien's shocks are made?

Just curious?

Bilsteins high end shocks are made in Germany. The Germans have a much better reputation for precision. Fox are Chinese also.

Edit fox has moved manufacturing to Taiwan.

Last edited:
Bilsteins high end shocks are made in Germany. The Germans have a much better reputation for precision. Fox are Chinese also.

Actually ThyssenKrupp Bilstein is a German company but most of the products sold in the US are made here. Their aftermarket headquarters are somewhere in CA, but they have a large manufacturing facilities in Hamilton, OH and Troy, MI. OH having most of the aftermarket stuff and MI with the OEM.

MarkW13

Actually ThyssenKrupp Bilstein is a German company but most of the products sold in the US are made here. Their aftermarket headquarters are somewhere in CA, but they have a large manufacturing facilities in Hamilton, OH and Troy, MI. OH having most of the aftermarket stuff and MI with the OEM.

That would be even better. I have heard, but cannot confirm that king components are Chinese made.

That would be even better. I have heard, but cannot confirm that king components are Chinese made.

King makes a quality product regardless of where they are made. (I don't know where that is.) Many have associated being made in China as meaning low quality and by volume I suppose there is foundation for this. However, there are companies out there that have a handle on production quality while manufacturing in China.

This said, I do try to support US brands when I can. Unfortunately, in today's global marketplace this is increasingly difficult.

Edit... I see where Kings are made was added while I was typing.

MarkW13

lol parts are machined (made) and assembled in house here in the US.

This is from the king shocks "about us" page.

I read that, but I have a pretty trusted source that implied otherwise. I'm all about supporting US products. I buy Chinese stuff because I don't often have a choice. I'll buy their crap at last resort. Which is why I'm asking for input. It would also make sense that maybe king coilover stuff is made here and other stuff is not. Again the global economy and all.

There was no offense intended to any manufacturer. Just weighing all options and asking for input.

I will admit that I know nothing about coil-overs... so that may weigh in to my tendency to like the King ones (especially through EVO) where they are tuned for a JK. Seems like the other brands would be a bit of a science project for me.

Top Bottom