Wave from Southern Wisconsin

JP Girl

Hi all!

My name is Dawn, and I'm a Jeep addict. I currently have a '12 Wrangler Arctic Edition that I'm patiently waiting to trade-in for my new custom built '15 Rubicon Hard Rock. (The waiting is KILLING me!!) prior to my Arctic Edition I've owned a '95 YJ, '98 Cherokee, '77 CJ-7, Liberty, '02 TJ and a '15 Grand Cherokee (the hubby's). All I've driven are Jeeps since I was in HS (20 years, eek!) and I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm stoked to be able to introduce Rubi once she's ready to come home!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife! Congrats on the soon-to-be new Jeep! Be sure to post up a few pictures! :thumb:

akershner

Now we're talkin', representing north central! Hello from Saint Paul, Mn and welcome to WAL😎 Can't wait to see that new Hardrock... already jealous!

JP Girl

Now we're talkin', representing north central! Hello from Saint Paul, Mn and welcome to WAL😎 Can't wait to see that new Hardrock... already jealous!

Thanks!! My patience is really starting to wear on me! I'm now dreaming about the new Hardrock! Lol! Chrysler gave me an estimated ship date of 4/20... But with my luck, it will be longer!

And thanks to all the other welcomes! :) Glad to see there's more people from WI on here! :)

akershner

Thanks!! My patience is really starting to wear on me! I'm now dreaming about the new Hardrock! Lol! Chrysler gave me an estimated ship date of 4/20... But with my luck, it will be longer!

And thanks to all the other welcomes! :) Glad to see there's more people from WI on here! :)

Have you had a chance to track the build on Chrysler's VOTS site? Just google Chrysler VOTS and it should show up. When I ordered my 2012 you could "watch" the vehicle as it progressed through the stages of production. All you need is the VIN or VON for look-up Chrysler was also very helpful and patient with me when I obsessively called their customer service line for updates:eek:

JP Girl

Have you had a chance to track the build on Chrysler's VOTS site? Just google Chrysler VOTS and it should show up. When I ordered my 2012 you could "watch" the vehicle as it progressed through the stages of production. All you need is the VIN or VON for look-up Chrysler was also very helpful and patient with me when I obsessively called their customer service line for updates:eek:

Their VOTS system isn't working. It's been down for months. :( Luckily I am working with an AWESOME dealer and he's checking the status daily for me! I threatened him that if he didn't, I'd text/call/email him EVERY day for status updates! Ha!

akershner

Their VOTS system isn't working. It's been down for months. :( Luckily I am working with an AWESOME dealer and he's checking the status daily for me! I threatened him that if he didn't, I'd text/call/email him EVERY day for status updates! Ha!

That's ridiculous, get your act together Chrysler! I'd want a live video feed for constant monitoring and possibly a matching bracelet system like that deployed in newborn units at the hospital :) Your demands of the dealer are natural, I issued a few thinly veiled ultimatums when awaiting mine as well. Notably, no dealer badges, full tank of gas and no test drives given in my baby!

JP Girl

That's ridiculous, get your act together Chrysler! I'd want a live video feed for constant monitoring and possibly a matching bracelet system like that deployed in newborn units at the hospital :) Your demands of the dealer are natural, I issued a few thinly veiled ultimatums when awaiting mine as well. Notably, no dealer badges, full tank of gas and no test drives given in my baby!

Lol!! You sound just like me!! I told Bob (the dealer) that I don't want any other butts in that driver seat other than mine! But then he asked how would they get her off the trailer and into a spot. So then I just warned him to make sure no one farts in my seat or I'll run them over. ;) I was all about sending Chrysler my GoPro to hook up to the Rubi to watch her being made! How awesome would that be?? I also said I didn't want the $500 "wax job" that the dealers put in the cars once they arrive. Waste of money that could be spent on parts!

akershner

Lol!! You sound just like me!! I told Bob (the dealer) that I don't want any other butts in that driver seat other than mine! But then he asked how would they get her off the trailer and into a spot. So then I just warned him to make sure no one farts in my seat or I'll run them over. ;) I was all about sending Chrysler my GoPro to hook up to the Rubi to watch her being made! How awesome would that be?? I also said I didn't want the $500 "wax job" that the dealers put in the cars once they arrive. Waste of money that could be spent on parts!

No shame in any of that! You'd think Jeep sales people would be used to dealing with the "special breed" of people that buy these things and the spiritual bonds we develop.:rock: Have to give them credit though, I'd love to hear some examples of extreme requests that they receive!

Top Bottom