Flashcal vs. Flashpaq

Devallee

If there's already a thread for this please direct me there. But I just wanna know what the main differences are between the two so I can decide which suits me better. I've obviously read what's on the sight, but if people have real life experience with them, I believe that's always the best judge. For people with the flashpaq, did you need all of that stuff? Or would just the flashcal have sufficed? Do people with the flashcal with they went with the flashpaq? Thanks in advance for your input :beer:

TheStick

Just depends on what you want to do. Flashcal has everything you need for changing tire size, gears, etc. Has some other tweaks you can run such as daytime running lights.

Flashpaq has the tuner options for possible power gains, towing, etc.

FWIW, they recently were running a deal where the upgrade from the flashcal to the flashpaq was cheaper than buying the flashpaq. Not sure the deal is still running but you can always upgrade later if you want to.

USMCvet

Banned
The 2015's won't let you run a Flashpaq because of the rolling firewall in the ECM. Everyone is confined to the Flashcal which actually programs: gear ratio, tire size, transfer case swap, TPMS, Idle for winching, and a couple of other non ECM items. For 2014 and older, the Flashpaq tunes the ECU with economy, 87 octane, 89 octane, or 91 octane tunes depending on which is selected by the individual.

USMC Wrangler

I just bought the Flashcal for about $140 at Northridge 4x4. Superchips is running a special on the Flascal to Flashpaq upgrade for $89.99 instead of $179.99 until April 15th. (As USMCvet said, it does not cover the '15's yet)

I just got my new tires installed yesterday and had it with me to program the new height in. I still have the stock headlights/fogs and it is nice to have both on with high beams. I'm currently running the 87 Performance and with the new, taller and heavier tires that setting is night and day from stock. Throttle response and nice shifts in 2wd is very noticeable to me. I'm hitting some trails tomorrow to see what it's like there.

Devallee

Well I just picked up a flashpaq from a fellow member so I'll see how it goes! I figured for the price I might as well go big so I won't have to worry about upgrading later

Top Bottom