Lod slider install - what are these for?

el_chupo_

Going over the project-jk instructions there is no mention of these 2 bolts/nuts/washers that came in the hardware pack. What are they for?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428090990.478718.jpg

taher2.1

Don't remember the bolts but Black washers are spacers for the front each side to make them level. Unless LOD made any design change, your Slider will be a bit tilted without it

Mine are welded so i used the Spacers only from the bag

I would have to look at the Jeep and we are out of town. Will check when I get home.

Did the instructions have any information?

I used weld nuts and upgraded to grade 8 bolts.

JKWrang

These are for the front end of the bolt through hole.

Basically there is a hole that already exists on the frame that LOD utilizes and in order to make use of it, you use this bolt to clamp down on either side if the frame.

Last edited:

JKWrang

Don't remember the bolts but Black washers are spacers for the front each side to make them level. Unless LOD made any design change, your Slider will be a bit tilted without it

Mine are welded so i used the Spacers only from the bag

Um. No - this black washer is to seat against the inside of the frame hole near the insulated line. Otherwise without that hardened washer you'd be unable to utilize that factory hole in this fashion.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
It's for a factory hole. The long bolt goes through the entire box frame and the washer is to secure it on the other side as the hole is rather large.

el_chupo_

Thanks guys. No instructions came in the package, so we were a bit lost. Used the Project-JK instructions to get a good idea of what we were doing, and they are on right now.

We did not end up using them, but the location makes sense, and I will try to get them on later this weekend.

If I am understanding correct this is for the spot on the front of the sliders, right behind the front wheel. I seem to recall there being 2 holes vertically there, and we drilled/threaded the one that was against metal, but left the other one alone. Does that sound like the right spot, or am I remembering something wrong?

Thanks

Matt

Rccrwlr

Thanks guys. No instructions came in the package, so we were a bit lost. Used the Project-JK instructions to get a good idea of what we were doing, and they are on right now.

We did not end up using them, but the location makes sense, and I will try to get them on later this weekend.

If I am understanding correct this is for the spot on the front of the sliders, right behind the front wheel. I seem to recall there being 2 holes vertically there, and we drilled/threaded the one that was against metal, but left the other one alone. Does that sound like the right spot, or am I remembering something wrong?

Thanks

Matt

Agree. No instructions came with the sliders. I have the same hardware that is not used.

Rccrwlr

Not saying I didn't follow a set of instructions. What we are saying is the instructions, both project-jk and LoD(project-jk in an LoD wrapper) don't detail what these bolts are for

Rccrwlr

Thanks

Matt

If I'm following u correct then I think you are referring to the 2 bolts on the bottom of the frame in front of the rear tire not front. Still these holes are drilled and tapped for the 7/16x20 bolts

el_chupo_

Glad I am not the only one that could not figure out the use. I also went through StrizzyChris's build and didnt find anything. Even checked on the 2 door instructions on the LOD site to see if it was there.

When installing we used the 2 mounting points on the jeep from the bottom using the bolts already there (skid plate/cross member bolts).
In front of the rear tires we did the 2 on the bottom of the frame rail, and 2 going into the frame rail from the side.
Middle support got 2 holes drilled/tapped going into the side of the frame rail
Front support got one hole drilled/tapped going into the side of the frame rail. That was in conjunction with the factory bolt coming from the bottom.

So we drilled/tapped a total of 7 holes on each side of the frame rail.
I want to say there was another hole on the front support (behind the front tire) that we did not end up doing anything with because of the hole in the frame behind it, I am guessing this is where that "extra" bolt goes.

I also switched out the washers that came with it for some 7/16 lock washers, just to give that little bit of protection from them loosening over time.

will check on wife approval in an hour or two.

x1buellist

These are for the front end of the bolt through hole.

Basically there is a hole that already exists on the frame that LOD utilizes and in order to make use of it, you use this bolt to clamp down on either side if the frame.

Just installed these and ^^ is exactly what the bolts and thick washers/spacers are for.

Rccrwlr

I'm a visual guy. So the hole below the 7/16 x1 is where they go?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428214178.855452.jpg .

Should look like this?!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428214213.135465.jpg .

Forgot to add the washers on all of the bolts. Still need to go back and do that.

Top Bottom