LoD Gen.4 rear bumper plate relocate questions

Havoc40

So...just finished up installing my Gen4 shorty tonight and have some questions on what some of you guys have done. I didn't get the linked tire carrier, and the license plate is blocked more than I know cops would like. I'm going to relocate it to the spare...but have some questions before buying anything.

1st delimma: By design the spare tire is sucked up to the swing gate frame, which leaves some space between the mount flange (where the studs are) and the wheel. Because of this the Rockhard relocate kit would require some spacers to take up the space. I have a lathe so making something up isn't an issue, plus it would limit/control the "squeeze" on the tire. If there's another kit out there you guys recommend before going this route let me know!

2nd delimma: Cops around here are sticklers for technicalities, so I need to run a license plate light as well. The ORO kit seems like the best bet, plus has the 3rd brake light. If I buy the Rockhard relo, Northridge has a package deal. My question is where have you guys routed the wiring on LoD's swing gate?

Obligatory pics :D

CCTX50

How do you like your bumper? I was looking at a bunch of your pics and saw that you still have factory wheels and tires and cut fenders. Do you have a lift also? I still have a stock JKUR and have a chance to purchase this same bumper. What are you thoughts.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have the LoD full width bumper and these bumpers are brutes! Sliding off rocks always slams the rear bumper and as many times this has happened, the paint is still good! The local police here as very picky too, but they have not bugged me about the plate visibility, I personally wouldn't want the hassle of the spare mounted plate. I would see if the police bug you first, but do what you think you must. There is some adjustment on the position of the lug plate, but you need to be able to pull the tire tight to the frame of the tire swing. If you replace your factory wheels, you probably will use wheels with less rear off-set which will require changing the lug plate position and whatever you do now may have to change also. My 2 cents.

JeepJeep75

Hi Havoc40. I have the LOD sig 4 shortie with a linked tire carrier. I LOVE this bumper!! I feel it fits the jeep perfectly both ascetically and functionally. I relocated my lic plate to the center of the spare using the Rock Hard bracket. Since I have the linked swing-gate, I just followed the factory third brake light wire path. As for lights on the plate, I really didn't like the little bracket light thing sticking way out over the plate so I went with LED bolts. They are all over Amazon. I also installed a backup camera at the same time. To keep the bracket snug against the spare tire flange, I cut some short pieces of 5/8 hose and put them on the studs. They slide on between the Rock Hard bracket and the spare tire and get smooshed down tight. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451674064.477214.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451674092.262379.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451674148.685629.jpg
This setup seems to be working well. Everything is tight and no rattles from anything. The LEDs work well to light up the plate.

Top Bottom