New style jeep cherokee trailhawk

Ok so despite the fact im not completely in love with the looks, my wife is looking HARD at a new trailhawk cherokee. Do any of you own one? If so what do you think so far?

JKWrang

The new Cherokee had tons and tons of electrical problems that the service departments are losing so much sleep over.

That said... the 3.6 introduction in the 2012 wrangler models were also problem laiden. Outside of those issues which I feel will be mitigated in later models (15 and on) the cherokee is solid and great DD

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Those are freaking sweet saw an orange trailhawk at the dealership. Trying to talk the wifey into one!

LeftyB

I had a 2014 TH fully loaded minus the panoramic roof for about 2000 miles. Coming from BMWs and MBs I was surprised how close the features of the interior were to some of the German luxury cars I've driven; electronics, navigation, fit and finish. What I didn't like was the transmission (I had the V6). Shifting was very unpredictable to the point that it just wasn't enjoyable to drive. I took it in and had the TSB updates taken care of, but at the time it was only a temporary improvement. Lastly, I did take the TH out on some trails and somehow the engine cradle became loose and had to be tightened back up. I ended up trading the KL TH in for my current JKUR.

If the transmission problems are fixed I would recommend the KL Cherokee to people looking for a small SUV with lots of current technology options

Tree Frog

A close buddy of mine bought an Anvil Trailhawk. I love the way it looks. (don't care what others think)

HOWEVER, this thing has been in the shop more than it has been at his house. in 4 months now they have had the transmission repaired/ rebuilt 4 times. New modules, new this and that and the thing still would not shift right. Finally the dealership put in a brand new trans. Now it does some kind of weird stuff that when you turn a corner it shuts down and goes into limp mode. Loses all power and tries to die.
His wife was driving it the first few times it happened and once out on I-5. Not the place you want to be when you lose all power.

The dude is pissed. He paid cash for it and feels like the dealer is blowing him off and not repairing it right or fast enough. I know him well enough to know he is not a jerk, maybe too nice of a guy. If it was mine they might need to call the police over there to calm me down. :mad:

He was going to come with me this next weekend to try it out up at TSF but with all these problems he has elected not too.

Sad part was he kind of wanted a JKUR but his wife talked him into this Cherokee. They have two small boys and she felt it would be easier to get them into the car seats.

I don't know, your money OP but I think I would wait to see if they get the bugs worked out.

If I had time I would be checking out some Cherokee forums and see what kinds of problems others are having.

groovebus

We just ordered a True Blue Trailhawk last Saturday. I wanted the wife to get something that can at least clear some decent fire roads, or desert trails to get to some great camp sites. Plus if we take both of the Jeeps, my Wrangler and her Cherokee, we will have an extra safety vehical around just in case. And my daughters like talking to each other on the CBs. :)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Ok so despite the fact im not completely in love with the looks, my wife is looking HARD at a new trailhawk cherokee. Do any of you own one? If so what do you think so far?

I can't stand the look of the new Cherokees. The Grand Cherokees don't look too bad and the wife is looking at trading her car in on one. I'm trying to persuade her to get another JK. 👍

I can't stand the look of the new Cherokees. The Grand Cherokees don't look too bad and the wife is looking at trading her car in on one. I'm trying to persuade her to get another JK. 👍

Im with you. Id much rather she got a jk. She loves them, but she drives a TON. prolly not the best idea

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Convince her to buy a Renegade instead! The Trailhawk editions are about 10k cheaper. :thumbup:

groovebus

I know this is an old post, but we got a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk for my wife. I wanted something that is fairly capable on fire roads and desert trails; nothing to technical. But she wanted something more comfortable. Now we can take my Wrangler and her TH and have a back up vehical plus more room for the kids, dog and gear.

Specs:

True Blue
3.2L V6
3.5:1 axle gearing with a rear locker
Tow package
panaramic sun roof

The best part about the 2016s is they are making the voice activated, touchscreen radio standard equipment this year. We ordered one because the wife didn't want leather seats; which is hard to find at the dealerships.

Attachments

• 20150901_185718.jpg
    20150901_185718.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20150901_190159.jpg
    20150901_190159.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 99
Top Bottom