Muffler or no muffler....that is the question

jkwebbie

Like the title says, I'm trying to decide whether or not I should just take my muffler off. I go off roading at least 2 times a month and I've already got a few dents and scrapes in the muffler. I want something that sounds more aggressive because my 2012 2 door is just too quiet for my taste. I don't really want to spend any money on a new muffler if it's just going to get beat up too lol. So what do you guys think? :eek:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Like the title says, I'm trying to decide whether or not I should just take my muffler off. I go off roading at least 2 times a month and I've already got a few dents and scrapes in the muffler. I want something that sounds more aggressive because my 2012 2 door is just too quiet for my taste. I don't really want to spend any money on a new muffler if it's just going to get beat up too lol. So what do you guys think? :eek:

Go with the dynomax...it keeps you legal, tucks up nice and tight, and is pretty easy to install yourself and cheap...I bought mine for $180 on amazon. http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39321.html

DanMojo82

I ran mine without one for a long time and while it sounds awesome at times, it gets to be too much. I enjoy my normal loud exhaust now much more. On the freeway it was so loud I'd get a headache on long drives haha

jkwebbie

Well it looks like I know what I'll be getting then lol. I thank I'm find run the muffler off for just a little while and then add the Dynomax later

whispike

X2, it's a great exhaust.

That Dynomax does look nice. My only concern is that it says on their website "for offroad use only." Is it still legal and smogable? I live in Calif and they have a lot of emissions restrictions here. Would hate to not pass the smog test.

JRied

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. Would that model of the Dynomax be bad if I do a lot of off-roading in water that is deeper then where the exhaust is placed? I'm running the stock now

jconn47

That Dynomax does look nice. My only concern is that it says on their website "for offroad use only." Is it still legal and smogable? I live in Calif and they have a lot of emissions restrictions here. Would hate to not pass the smog test.

Would also like to know. I'm finally getting the green light for some mods and was thinking about this as well.

Hot94Z28

I had a magnaflow muffler welded in place of the stock. I wanted mine quite and have ground clearance it was not for performance.

DBats

If you're going to buy any system let it be dynomax, its the exhaust that I've wanted and have heard them on the road and they've got a decent tone to them.

That being said I've been running without a muffler since Dec, including a cross country trip and a emissions inspection and I've had no complaints. If anything it just makes more people look at the jeep.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

Look into the dynomax race bullet. I have the 12" or 16" (I can't remember) on my Jeep. I too liked the aggressive sound and tried the no muffler thing and it just got to be too much and sounded too high pitch for me. This gives it the same aggressive sound that no muffler would, but just a tad bit deeper and I absolutely love it. I went through 4 systems and found this one and it's staying. Best part is it only costs like 60 bucks or so if I remember correctly. I have people ask all the time if it's a V8 (if only)

jkwebbie

Look into the dynomax race bullet. I have the 12" or 16" (I can't remember) on my Jeep. I too liked the aggressive sound and tried the no muffler thing and it just got to be too much and sounded too high pitch for me. This gives it the same aggressive sound that no muffler would, but just a tad bit deeper and I absolutely love it. I went through 4 systems and found this one and it's staying. Best part is it only costs like 60 bucks or so if I remember correctly. I have people ask all the time if it's a V8 (if only)

Thanks bud! I'll definitely be looking into that one!

toxicwaste29

Ya i took it off before and ended up putting the stocker back on. Now my alternator is whining from mud so the exhaust covers the whine which is better for me.

Top Bottom