Snorkel Advice

JRied

I've narrowed my snorkel search down to the final 2. There were others I liked but weren't compatible with my fenders. I'd like anyone's input on these 2 and if any of you have run them. Personally I'm leaning towards the Volant. I posted pics I could find that are running my armor. It's the XHD or the Volant snorkel. I tend to be water bound when I off-road.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428191682.032700.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428191710.411400.jpg

Mbair

Off topic... but what bumper is on the white jk??

And definitely the snorkel that's on the white jk.

JRied

Off topic... but what bumper is on the white jk??

And definitely the snorkel that's on the white jk.

Rugged ridge stinger. The bumper I'm not sure, it looks like the metal cloak stubby my brother almost bought, although it may be rugged ridge as well.

Ps the white one is the XHD

Drunic

I have the RR, it's a much longer install than it looks. Make sure you have the trans line warranty done before you would install it, they are making me remove the internals before they will touch it. Performance wise, I like it. You can remove the snorkle top and it's a little box instead. The placement of the pipe won't allow anything but a RR window mount light pillar I've read, if even that. I get 1-2 better mpg on hwy so says the cpu. For the price and safety it affords in wet climates I'm glad that I have it.

JRied

I have the RR, it's a much longer install than it looks. Make sure you have the trans line warranty done before you would install it, they are making me remove the internals before they will touch it. Performance wise, I like it. You can remove the snorkle top and it's a little box instead. The placement of the pipe won't allow anything but a RR window mount light pillar I've read, if even that. I get 1-2 better mpg on hwy so says the cpu. For the price and safety it affords in wet climates I'm glad that I have it.

Cool thanks for the info. And what is the trans line warranty? Recall? Idk

bigtrucker52

Personally i would get the RR XHD Snorkel but the only thing that is holding me back is that it runs up the front of the windshield instead of beside it. I love it but hate that you can't put lights on the a-pillar like you can with all the other snorkels

Drunic

Yea the recall, I don't know the years effected, I just have to deal with it now on a 2013.

Wardell

Yea the recall, I don't know the years effected, I just have to deal with it now on a 2013.

I don't know the details for the recall either, but you can look up your VIN on the Mopar Connect site, and it should tell you if there are any outstanding recalls. I was interested too since I'm also planning on getting the Rugged Ridge snorkel. There's no recalls posted for my 2014 JKURX.

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/us/en-us/sub/Pages/RecallsQuery.aspx

The main reason I want the Rugged Ridge snorkel is because it doesn't require cutting into the hood. Since my Jeep came with the vented power dome hood I'd rather not butcher it, even if it will be a more labour intensive install than another type of snorkel.

JRied

I don't know the details for the recall either, but you can look up your VIN on the Mopar Connect site, and it should tell you if there are any outstanding recalls. I was interested too since I'm also planning on getting the Rugged Ridge snorkel. There's no recalls posted for my 2014 JKURX.

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/us/en-us/sub/Pages/RecallsQuery.aspx

The main reason I want the Rugged Ridge snorkel is because it doesn't require cutting into the hood. Since my Jeep came with the vented power dome hood I'd rather not butcher it, even if it will be a more labour intensive install than another type of snorkel.

Ok thanks. And as far as butchering the hood I'm about to chop holes in it for my PS Hood louver.... Now I'm leaning towards RR

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

That is the one thing that has me weary about the RR snorkel. Did u notice anything else that would be impacted from a maintenance standpoint?

I'd hate to have to pull it apart to swap a sensor or something along those lines.

xx-LSD-xx

Rugged Ridge for sure. They say no cutting but you have to remove the cowling by drilling out the tack welds.

Fairly easy install just add two hours to what the instructions say. It's a well designed kit. I installed mine after hydro locking my motor.

Thank God my insurance covered my new motor Under flood damage......would have cost me $5500 instead of my $500 deductible.

CAI are a bad idea on a Jeep.

Top Bottom