Lock-Right Lockers

hhunter050

Thinking of running these on my 08 jku! Anybody have them or know much about them? I just want to know if they are worth looking into cause it's not too expensive for lockers!

David1tontj

Thinking of running these on my 08 jku! Anybody have them or know much about them? I just want to know if they are worth looking into cause it's not too expensive for lockers!

I run one in my front end, and a Detroit in my rear end. They are just a typical ratcheting locker. When power is applied, they lock, and when you let off they disengage. They are not as strong as a Detroit, but they work a little smoother. Easy to install and it should always work. They are cheaper and easier to install because they just replace the spider gears, not the whole carrier like an ARB or Detroit.

Not ideal for street driving since you will not have selectability, but I do have a good friend who has one in the rear end if his toyota pickup daily driver and he does just fine. You just need to learn how to drive with it.

jango

I have an Aussie locker in th front of my 2012 jku. It locks up perfectly and makes a bit of a clunking noise on hard turns but it is great for the money. Easy to install as well as long as you have the right tools.

hhunter050

I run one in my front end, and a Detroit in my rear end. They are just a typical ratcheting locker. When power is applied, they lock, and when you let off they disengage. They are not as strong as a Detroit, but they work a little smoother. Easy to install and it should always work. They are cheaper and easier to install because they just replace the spider gears, not the whole carrier like an ARB or Detroit.

Not ideal for street driving since you will not have selectability, but I do have a good friend who has one in the rear end if his toyota pickup daily driver and he does just fine. You just need to learn how to drive with it.

I mean I'm thinking if I get one for the rear might as well get one for the front! I've heard different things on driving but I don't push my jeep when I drive anyways and I mean heck if I don't like it somebody else will so I'm sure I can sell it!

hhunter050

I have an Aussie locker in th front of my 2012 jku. It locks up perfectly and makes a bit of a clunking noise on hard turns but it is great for the money. Easy to install as well as long as you have the right tools.

Is an Aussie locker similar to lock-right/Powertrax lockers?

dillard09

Most lunchbox lockers are very similar in design. The all just replace the spider gears. Very easy to install in the driveway. They all act very similar on road too. I had a Spartan locker in the front of my YJ. I did clunk and pop on hard turns when daily driving but always hooked when needing it offroad. I had a detroit in the rear and man that thing would chrip the tires on every turn I made. If it was wet I had to be careful with the skinny.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have had one in the rear of my old YJ and loved it! I will be putting one in the back of my jk. That being said I have heard that they really suck in tight turns under power as they are locked upon power applied. And in snow it is very difficult to turn in 4wd.

hhunter050

I have had one in the rear of my old YJ and loved it! I will be putting one in the back of my jk. That being said I have heard that they really suck in tight turns under power as they are locked upon power applied. And in snow it is very difficult to turn in 4wd.

Well I live GA so we might get snow once or twice for a day lol I'm just worried about breaking them or breaking axle shafts

Top Bottom