Broken Driveshaft Help!!

FastZach

So we went ran some of Willow Springs trail here in AZ today. Came out with some carnage. Broken front DS and a bent "unbendable" aluminum tie rod.

The DS broke at the T-case yoke. Not sure what brand it is but what do I need/buy to replace it??

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428204803.828636.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428204832.376267.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428204850.324514.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That inner yoke needs to be replaced and so does the U joint. If you have a shop do it it'll be about $150 or so. Depending on how hard of a hit it took I would probably replace the other axle side u joint also.

Last edited:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
That inner yoke needs to be replaced and so does the U joint. If you have a shop do it it'll be about $150 or so. Depending on how hard of a hit it took I would probably replace the other axle side u joint also.

How do you know that?

FastZach

Thanks for the info

What about the t-case yoke, I think the screws broke off inside. How much are those??

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the info

What about the t-case yoke, I think the screws broke off inside. How much are those??

The only bolt I see broken is on the inner yoke and that whole piece will be replace. If the other three bolts are broke in the tcase yoke you can use an extractor to get them out and just put new ones in.

Top Bottom