Soft top help

P1TBU11

My Jeep (first one) came with only a hard top. I've found an OEM 2015 soft top for $250. That's a steal, right?

Since I've got no experience with soft tops, I'm not sure what parts it should come with. From looking at tops online, I'm guessing windshield channel, tailgate bar, door surrounds, and roll bar brackets. Is that right?

scull20

I would ask for pictures...also, is this for a 2 or 4 door?

The soft top "should" be attached to the frame/bows and the windshield header already. In addition, there should be plastic door surrounds (for front and back doors if a 4 door). Then there should be two side windows and a rear window (check to see if they are tinted or clear). Also make sure the brackets and hardware to attach the top are included as well. Sometimes people remove the top from the bracket itself. Also, check to see if it's the vinyl top or the premium top.

For $250 it would be a steal for a whole top...I have a feeling you might be looking at something without hardware/windows...I would ask for pictures and take it from there

TheStick

My Jeep (first one) came with only a hard top. I've found an OEM 2015 soft top for $250. That's a steal, right?

Since I've got no experience with soft tops, I'm not sure what parts it should come with. From looking at tops online, I'm guessing windshield channel, tailgate bar, door surrounds, and roll bar brackets. Is that right?

That sounds right for the hardware. If it comes with everything that is definitely a score!

P1TBU11

The guy said he'd take $200 if I came and got the top today, so I went. It's complete, minus one bolt from one of the roll bar brackets. The windows are clear. How can I tell if it's the vinyl or the premium?

P1TBU11

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428383720.268412.jpg

Looks to be a regular. It's basically brand new. Just needs washing from being stored under an open carport (pollen).

I'm pleased.

Top Bottom