Adding power locks...possible?

BeachCrawler

So I recently purchased my 3rd Jeep JK (traded each in, don't currently have 3). It's a 2015 Willy's JKU. Black on black, dealer installed 2 inch lift, 35's, all sorts of goodies, I love the thing! Problem is, however, it came with manual roll down windows and no power locks. The windows thing I can live with, but I have to admit, no power locks gets a bit old. My question is this: Is it possible to add power door locks to a non power door lock Jeep? Has anyone on here ever done it? Again, it wasn't a deal breaker when I purchased it, but would like to know if it's possible. Thanks.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Take the doors off. Problem solved..

Actually I don't know if you can add power locks.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I believe K.D.C.H just did this. Might want to check out his build thread. :yup:

K.D.C.H

Correct. When I got my 2015 it had manual locks and windows too. I'm fine with the manual windows but the non power locks was a PITA.

I ended up going to my local audio shop and we ended up installing OEM factory power locks (all parts purchased from the dealership) and a Viper alarm with remote start. For the remote start I got a 1 way key fob (spare set) and a 2 way key fob.

So far everything has worked flawlessly. I decided on going with the OEM Factory lock system over an aftermarket based on the fact that I knew I'd be doing a lot of off roading and I knew the OEM system would stand up the the abuse a lot better.

Hope that helps.

BeachCrawler

Correct. When I got my 2015 it had manual locks and windows too. I'm fine with the manual windows but the non power locks was a PITA.

I ended up going to my local audio shop and we ended up installing OEM factory power locks (all parts purchased from the dealership) and a Viper alarm with remote start. For the remote start I got a 1 way key fob (spare set) and a 2 way key fob.

So far everything has worked flawlessly. I decided on going with the OEM Factory lock system over an aftermarket based on the fact that I knew I'd be doing a lot of off roading and I knew the OEM system would stand up the the abuse a lot better.

Hope that helps.
I was thinking about doing that exact same thing. Seems to be the way to go. If you don't mind my asking, do you recall what they charged you? Thanks.

VYn4L

Power Locks

Adding Power locks is possible, the easiest way is to buy replacement Door Locks from Mopar with the Power lock mechanism built in.
I did not do this and it took a long time to find the correct positioning of the locking mechanism to not hit the windows and to allow manual or remote operation.
It was a PITA.

Power Windows was super easy, still haven't figured out what i'm going to do for a permanent solution to the window controls but i have them rigged up for now.

No pics right now, i can add some if it would help anyone out.

VYn4L

Oh, and you'll want to buy some quick disconnect harnesses for removing the doors, i bought some 9-pin harnesses and re-wired the door trigger, door locks, and power windows all through the same harness.

Adding Power locks is possible, the easiest way is to buy replacement Door Locks from Mopar with the Power lock mechanism built in.
I did not do this and it took a long time to find the correct positioning of the locking mechanism to not hit the windows and to allow manual or remote operation.
It was a PITA.

Power Windows was super easy, still haven't figured out what i'm going to do for a permanent solution to the window controls but i have them rigged up for now.

No pics right now, i can add some if it would help anyone out.

I'd like to see how you did your windows if you could post some pics.

VYn4L

I'd like to see how you did your windows if you could post some pics.

Here is how i did the control mount, for now..... in the pre-2011 models you can simply cut these directly into the dash. the 2011+ have that awesome little cubby there that prevents that.

20150408_165127.jpg

The Motor installation was actually really easy, I didn't do a write up on it. Wishing i would have taken pictures now though.
The kit from 4wd.com is 100% bolt on and comes with all the required parts, except for the window switch mount for 2011+.
http://www.4wd.com/Doors-Door-Acces...px?t_c=87&t_s=503&t_pt=6534&t_pn=ECLJE18-4407
Also, i didn't bother with rear window controls on the back windows, they give you parts to install a switch on the door itself but i didn't want to do that.
rear windows are only controlled from the front switches.

VYn4L

^ oh and it comes with the quick releases harnesses for the doors, you can just have 2 harnesses or do what i did and wire them to a new harness.

Here is how i did the control mount, for now..... in the pre-2011 models you can simply cut these directly into the dash. the 2011+ have that awesome little cubby there that prevents that.

View attachment 136144

The Motor installation was actually really easy, I didn't do a write up on it. Wishing i would have taken pictures now though.
The kit from 4wd.com is 100% bolt on and comes with all the required parts, except for the window switch mount for 2011+.
http://www.4wd.com/Doors-Door-Acces...px?t_c=87&t_s=503&t_pt=6534&t_pn=ECLJE18-4407
Also, i didn't bother with rear window controls on the back windows, they give you parts to install a switch on the door itself but i didn't want to do that.
rear windows are only controlled from the front switches.

Can I use the factory window switch controls?

Brankz

So I recently purchased my 3rd Jeep JK (traded each in, don't currently have 3). It's a 2015 Willy's JKU. Black on black, dealer installed 2 inch lift, 35's, all sorts of goodies, I love the thing! Problem is, however, it came with manual roll down windows and no power locks. The windows thing I can live with, but I have to admit, no power locks gets a bit old. My question is this: Is it possible to add power door locks to a non power door lock Jeep? Has anyone on here ever done it? Again, it wasn't a deal breaker when I purchased it, but would like to know if it's possible. Thanks.

Look on eBay for universal power window motor 👍

VYn4L

Look on eBay for universal power window motor 👍

It's more than just adding a power window motor. I'd strongly suggest the kit for the jku. It's super easy after you get through the first one. The worst part is figuring out how to get the door apart.

Brankz

It's more than just adding a power window motor. I'd strongly suggest the kit for the jku. It's super easy after you get through the first one. The worst part is figuring out how to get the door apart.

Watch full video please
http://youtu.be/Q1AxO6Bt-kk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428553203.979263.jpg
I done this years ago to my 93 integra

And the for the door you can add a quick connect when you go door less

Top Bottom