Stock tire carrier

RoughRider

For the most part my jeep is pretty stock (as of now) but I was wondering what's the max tire size that can fit on a stock tire carrier

Peak

I believe 35s interfere with the stock bumper. You can get the adapter for less than $50. But anything over 33's will cause too much stress on the tailgate and can potentially cause damage to it. Some people have ran 37's with no problem, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
You can run a 35" on it just fine as long as the bump stops are holding the tire firm and there's no rattle also a 35" tire will rest on the factory bumper when closed and this also will help support it. I have had a 35" tire on the factory carrier for 3 years with no problems until I removed the factory bumper and lost that support it started rattling.

That being said if you can afford it an aftermarket carrier will definitely be the best way of carrying a 35" or larger tire.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You can run a 35" on it just fine as long as the bump stops are holding the tire firm and there's no rattle also a 35" tire will rest on the factory bumper when closed and this also will help support it. I have had a 35" tire on the factory carrier for 3 years with no problems until I removed the factory bumper and lost that support it started rattling.

That being said if you can afford it an aftermarket carrier will definitely be the best way of carrying a 35" or larger tire.

X2. Ive been running 35s on my stock carrier for about four months now. As long as you extend your tailgate isolaters and keep your stock bumper on youll be fine.

BlackHawk08jk

I've been running 35" mud grapplers for a year with no bumper, and I travel very rough farm roads everyday with no problems.

BlackHawk08jk

Evolander is running a 37 on factory. But I do second the notion of if you can afford it get a good aftermarket tire carrier.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Ive got 35s on factory rims on the factory carrier and I haven't had any problems yet. Though I have only had the tires since November.

Top Bottom