Soft top leaks

JakeJK

My passenger floorboard is filled with water from a leak in the frontmost corner of my passenger side door, and remedies on how to fix the seal? The water runs down through the canal and pours into the floorboard

Make sure the plastic bracket is set in the weather guarding on the A pillar. When I first got min, the dealership guy told me to always make sure I got that set otherwise I would get some wet floor mats. :thumb:

JakeJK

Make sure the plastic bracket is set in the weather guarding on the A pillar. When I first got min, the dealership guy told me to always make sure I got that set otherwise I would get some wet floor mats. :thumb:

How do I check that? I can't see a difference from my driver side and my passenger side

Toneman

My soft top was leaking around the door jam area. Ended up flooding the inside of my jeep and short circuiting my dash. The whole cluster had to be replaced... my solution was to buy a new top.:yup: it is cheaper than repairing that cluster again.

Eugene the Jeep

I had a leak on the front passenger side that was dripping down onto the door handle and soaking the carpet. I installed a 1/2" × 1/4" foam door seal in the top of the between the factory door seal and the door. It seems to work well, no more leaks. You can get at any hardware store.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1428444466492.jpg
    1428444466492.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 1428444480584.jpg
    1428444480584.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 99
It could be that those little foam stickers are work out do you know where I could buy some of them?

I do not, I have never needed to replace mine... I'm sure someone will know.. Do you mean the whole seal? or just how it is attached to the jeep?

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Just made my 3rd appt in less than a year for doors leaking. I had almost 1/2" of water on floor boards after last rain :(

Carpets are starting to get musty, had to pull them out.

As long as under warranty, I'll keep taking it back for this issue. Maybe Chrysler/Jeep will eventually figure out a fix for all of us that paid decent hard eaned money for our Jeeps.

Don't get me wrong, water doesn't bother me, been caught in rain many of times with out top on. But when closed up it should be dry or close there to, not 1/2" water on floor boards.

JakeJK

Welp the seam on the top of my top in the middle came apart it's a double seam but the outermost one, the one exposed, is completely gone any remedy for this? Top is now looser and leaks worse

Wethy

Welp the seam on the top of my top in the middle came apart it's a double seam but the outermost one, the one exposed, is completely gone any remedy for this? Top is now looser and leaks worse

They make a replacement kit for the door seals mine is a 14 and the drivers side flops around when the top is flipped back. quadratec sells em

Attachments

• 1438215909046.jpg
    1438215909046.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom