Future parts

tommybahama

Whats up ya'll.

Need some input on next parts. Im currently running 08jk. It is sitting on 3in coil springs with fox racing shocks. All other suspension and steering parts are stock. I am about to put on 35s sitting on new 15in rims. I know the stock suspension fairly strong but I don't baby my jeep.

So my question is what do yall think i should upgrade next i am on a small budget. And i may end up doing a front axel swap to at least a dana44.

I am thinking 4.88 gears with lockers until then. But what about the pitman arm, sway bar links and that sorta stuff. Is it a good idea to start upgrading that stuff or am i good on stock until something breaks?

boardsurfer

I was out at Trail Jeeps a few days ago asking similar questions and Tim was pretty adamant that he wouldnt run 3" lift or more without a Drag Link flip. Adding 35 inch tires to your equation, and I would probably do a little work up front. C gussets are probably a good idea and are a relatively inexpensive way to lengthen the life of a D30. Swaybar links are subjective. Get the ones you like. JKS is popular. If you can find a Rubicon swaybar take-off, add an EVO No LImits and that is a pretty sweet combo. No links to hassle with anymore.

tommybahama

I was out at Trail Jeeps a few days ago asking similar questions and Tim was pretty adamant that he wouldnt run 3" lift or more without a Drag Link flip. Adding 35 inch tires to your equation, and I would probably do a little work up front. C gussets are probably a good idea and are a relatively inexpensive way to lengthen the life of a D30. Swaybar links are subjective. Get the ones you like. JKS is popular. If you can find a Rubicon swaybar take-off, add an EVO No LImits and that is a pretty sweet combo. No links to hassle with anymore.

I was thinking about getting axel sleeves to strengthen the d30 up front. Yeah I was pretty sure I should upgrade the front end. I just want to wheel and not worry about shit.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I was thinking about getting axel sleeves to strengthen the d30 up front. Yeah I was pretty sure I should upgrade the front end. I just want to wheel and not worry about shit.

With a D30 up front, depending on how hard you wheel, you're not going to get away without worrying.

If you are going to put any money into your D30, put on gussets and call it a day. Sleeves aren't going to help. Plenty of evidence out there showing that breaks still occur even with sleeves.

Don't waste your money on sleeves. Gussets are a must if your going to wheel on the d30 at all. Save your money for a prorock44:thumb::thumb:

There are a ton of threads on here including pictures of broken d44's with sleeves. I wish someone would have been direct with me a couple years ago!! Could have saved a lot of time and money:icon_crazy:

tommybahama

Don't waste your money on sleeves. Gussets are a must if your going to wheel on the d30 at all. Save your money for a prorock44:thumb::thumb:

There are a ton of threads on here including pictures of broken d44's with sleeves. I wish someone would have been direct with me a couple years ago!! Could have saved a lot of time and money:icon_crazy:

Do yall think the rear d44 will be fine or should i do something to the rear too?

K.D.C.H

Whats up ya'll.

Need some input on next parts. Im currently running 08jk. It is sitting on 3in coil springs with fox racing shocks. All other suspension and steering parts are stock. I am about to put on 35s sitting on new 15in rims. I know the stock suspension fairly strong but I don't baby my jeep.

So my question is what do yall think i should upgrade next i am on a small budget. And i may end up doing a front axel swap to at least a dana44.

I am thinking 4.88 gears with lockers until then. But what about the pitman arm, sway bar links and that sorta stuff. Is it a good idea to start upgrading that stuff or am i good on stock until something breaks?

Before you throw on the 35's onto the 15" rims I would do some research to see what the availability is in that size. I know the majority of people run the 17" wheels. I would say sell the 15's and grab some 17's.

As for the front axel swap the D30 will be good for now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Throw on some gussets, re-gear and call it a day. I just ran part of the Rubicon last weekend with 35's, no lockers and I have a D30 front and I never once had an issue. I did re-gear to 4:88's though and but made a huge difference.

As of right now the only other things I'd say to start looking for is skids and sliders but that's all going to depend on the kind of wheeling you're doing. Maybe keep your eye out for a rubi front sway bar and add the EVO no limits to it.

A locker is a nice thing but make sure you actually need it. Start wheeling and pay attention to what's going on with your jeep. If you see it's lacking in a specific area then upgrade that area. Keep doing that and you'll build a JK that's perfect for you.

K.D.C.H

Do yall think the rear d44 will be fine or should i do something to the rear too?

With the D30 front you really don't want to go any bigger than 35's anyway and the rear will be fine until it breaks :D

If you're on a budget don't dump money into something that's still working.

Top Bottom