Rubicon rails questions ?!?

RedRum

Hey guys a couple more quick question about the jkur

Running the Evo leveling kit with mce fenders will I need to trim the rubi rails or pinch seem to run 35/ ?

Also how well do this rails actually work ??

Thank you

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They work better than nothing, cycle your suspension and check it out. Hard to say

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yes you will need to trim about an inch off of the rear of the rock rails so they dont rub the 35s. And as Olram said, they are better than nothing.

Spartan

I have dropped the Full weight of a JKUR with heavy plate steel bumps and swing out on a stock Rubi rail, and it held up great. They won't protect the side of you Jeep like sliders do, but other then that it think they work really well. How ever I still plan on replacing them with sliders once I can afford to do that.

Sessoms14X

I have the rubi X rails but I also need to trim mine. The tire is up against the rail as its tucked in the fender, so I will need to do some trimming as well. 1428452312563.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I just trimmed mine after installing some BFG KM2's that are 255/80R17's last week. They measure 32" at 40 psi and I felt they were too close. I ended up taking 2" off. The reason is I tried cutting them at the same angle as my pinch seam. When I did that the plastic end cap wouldn't fit correctly. So I squared off the cut. I would've welded a cap over the end, but I didn't have any plate handy.

The only "lift" I have are 18/59 springs with 1" spacer up front and 3/4" in the back.

Before...

After...

desertrunner

i just trimmed mine last weekend it was super easy. pop the cap off use an angle grinder, i took about 1.5-2" off and then i used a gasket maker to pop the cap back in turned out pretty clean. I have also beat them up a bit and they have held up fine and they were free (well cost of a rubi haha) but i see no reason to replace them yet and i like the simple look

IMAG4924.jpg IMAG4926.jpg

Last edited:

blackrubi14

I just went to 35's and trimmed my rubi rails last weekend, I only trimmed about a 1/2". After reading some replies here, looks like I will need trim more.

RedRum

Trimmed mine just under 2 inches because that's where they lifted up with the corner of the pinch seem ( at least that's what it looks like to me ) filed, painted, and Re drilled a hole. Popped cap back in and all done ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429695437.526972.jpg

Top Bottom