stock bump stops

desertrunner

So i am trying to re measure out my suspension for bump stops that will actually stop my tires from getting eaten up by everything they touch. BTW teraflex 2.5" bumps on a RK 3.5" lift 37" KM2s and factory cut fenders didnt work out so well. I also just installed an EVO drag link flip and would rather not bend it on the frame. anyway from what i understood from reading you should have roughly the amount of bump as you have lift. so does that include the factory yellow foam bumps or extension over that factory bump? also my factory bumps (especially one in the rear) are pretty chewed up. is it worth replacing them with factory ones again or getting rid of them all together???

IMAG4987.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Get new jounce foam things, last I checked they were maybe 13 bucks. I would go no less than 3" bump stops all the way around with 37" tires.
You need those foam and yes replace. I think you're ok with ½" difference.

desertrunner

Get new jounce foam things, last I checked they were maybe 13 bucks. I would go no less than 3" bump stops all the way around with 37" tires.

now are you talking 3" total including those stock foamys or 3" in addition to the stock ones. I can never seem to get an answer on that.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The foam doesn't get measured because it gets smashed. 3" tall for the front because of the flip kit and 3" in back so your tires don't get chewed up with the sheet metal.

desertrunner

The foam doesn't get measured because it gets smashed. 3" tall for the front because of the flip kit and 3" in back so your tires don't get chewed up with the sheet metal.

rodge :thumb:

of course I can always get great stuff out on the trails but no where around town could i find a way to get it flexed up enough to check the flip kit. too bad i dont have a fork lift laying around haha. even up on a ramp i couldnt replicate that front stuff but i am pretty sure this would have caught the flip kit on the frame

DSC00742.jpg

Last edited:

desertrunner

Is there any real difference between different brand bump stops? I just don't understand why some are like $70 and some are $30 for essentially a hockey puck, actually that's a good idea F it I'll just buy some hockey pucks and stack them! For real though (i understand the rear angled ones) but for the front why are these things so expensive and why would I buy someone's $70 bump over hockey pucks?

Last edited:

desertrunner

Is there any real difference between different brand bump stops? I just don't understand why some are like $70 and some are $30 for essentially a hockey puck, actually that's a good idea F it I'll just buy some hockey pucks and stack them! For real though (i understand the rear angled ones) but for the front why are these things so expensive and why would I buy someone's $70 bump over hockey pucks?

Still looking for an answer on this...

jedg

I've been running hockey pucks on the front for a couple years. No problems. If you drill these it helps to stick them in the freezer for a day or so. That way your drill bit won't get so gummed up drilling the holes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom