Bumpin up to 37s

Jersey_Devil

So I had 37s on my old Sahara and now I got 35s on my Rubi and wanna bump up to 37s.... I currently have a basic skyjacker 4" lift, so I was gonna cut my pinch welds and rubi rails, and order these skyjacker adjustable control arms (upper&lower for front&rear)

Screenshot_2012-11-07-18-22-37.jpg

This axle gusset kit from river raider off road

ForumRunner_20121108_122003.jpg

And these wrangler mt/rs

ForumRunner_20121108_122023.jpg

I don't think I need anything else but please tell me if I'm missing anything..... Also I was thinking bout getting either the daystar. 75" or 1.75" coil spacers for just a lil more clearance..... If I go with the 1.75" will I need new shocks?

I would look into the C gussets from EVO.

I would research the tire. I have read some not so good things about the good year mt/r with kevlar.

Hell_Fire

Jersey : How is your handeling on the Skyjacker 4" kit - Take it you have Skyjacker shocks in aswell, how do you like them they any good? I am looking at new shocks for my JK and looking into Skyjackers.

Jersey_Devil

Notajerryskid said:
I would look into the C gussets from EVO.

I would research the tire. I have read some not so good things about the good year mt/r with kevlar.

Hell_Fire said:
Jersey : How is your handeling on the Skyjacker 4" kit - Take it you have Skyjacker shocks in aswell, how do you like them they any good? I am looking at new shocks for my JK and looking into Skyjackers.

So u don't think the river raider gusset kit is a good one?

Yes I like the Skyjacker shocks, I personally like their hydro 7000s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
all the gussets out there pretty much do the job. i too would recommend the evo ones as they were the ones who came up with the original design and i like to support innovators. regarding tires, i've run mt/r's and wouldn't recommend them. they were difficult to balance, tracked funny on the highway, were unpredictable on the rocks and suffered from weak sidewalls.

Jersey_Devil

wayoflife said:
all the gussets out there pretty much do the job. i too would recommend the evo ones as they were the ones who came up with the original design and i like to support innovators. regarding tires, i've run mt/r's and wouldn't recommend them. they were difficult to balance, tracked funny on the highway, were unpredictable on the rocks and suffered from weak sidewalls.

I didn't know evo came up with the design.... I just like using river raider cause their a local business for me.... Good bunch of guys over there... And I like to support local businesses! I am ordering the manual sway bar disconnect from evo tonight though! Really? The mtrs aren't that great huh? I used to run the old style mtrs and loved them but never ran the new ones..... Any tire suggestions? I like my Duratrac tires..... Not a big fan of nitto and toyo either.......

How do you guys feel about Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ or Baja Claws?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really? I used to run the old style mtrs and loved them but never ran the new ones..... Any tire suggestions? I like my Duratrac tires..... Not a big fan of nitto and toyo either.......

How do you guys feel about Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ or Baja Claws?

the old school mtr's were nice, the new ones - not so nice.

mickey baja mtz and procomp xtreme mt's are both made by cooper and are essentially sst's. i have tested out all of them and all work well.

Jersey_Devil

wayoflife said:
the old school mtr's were nice, the new ones - not so nice.

mickey baja mtz and procomp xtreme mt's are both made by cooper and are essentially sst's. i have tested out all of them and all work well.

I'll probably go with the MTZ then, my dad has them on his Toyota and I like the way the tires handle..... Thanks for ur input I appreciate it..... So are the Skyjacker adjustable control arms good for what I'm doing?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll probably go with the MTZ then, my dad has them on his Toyota and I like the way the tires handle..... Thanks for ur input I appreciate it..... So are the Skyjacker adjustable control arms good for what I'm doing?

i'll be honest and say that i'm not a real big fan of skyjacker products but, i don't have any personal experience with these arms and, from what i can tell, they should work.

Jersey_Devil

wayoflife said:
i'll be honest and say that i'm not a real big fan of skyjacker products but, i don't have any personal experience with these arms and, from what i can tell, they should work.

What ones would u recommend? Will any work with the 4" Skyjacker lift it already have? Does evo make any?

Hell_Fire

I am running 33" MTZ's and I love them, here we dont get allot of big tyre sizes to pick from the big names here is Micky, maxxis, BF and from what I have tested and seen MTZ are the way to go 4 sure, dont think you will be dissapointed plus I got some really good mileage on mine and I 4x4 almost every weekend.

Jersey_Devil

Hell_Fire said:
I am running 33" MTZ's and I love them, here we dont get allot of big tyre sizes to pick from the big names here is Micky, maxxis, BF and from what I have tested and seen MTZ are the way to go 4 sure, dont think you will be dissapointed plus I got some really good mileage on mine and I 4x4 almost every weekend.

Awesome! I didn't know about mileage on em.... My dad only just got em like a month ago

Jersey_Devil

OK so I just went shopping.... This is what I bought....

Artec front truss kit
Evo gussets
Evo front control arm skids
Evo manual rubicon swaybar disconnect

OK so now I'm as excited as a pig in shit! Can't wait for it all to come!
Next is the Artec rear truss, evo bolt on rock star skids, and rustys long control arms (adjustable too)

37s will be on soon enough!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK so I just went shopping.... This is what I bought....

Artec front truss kit
Evo gussets
Evo front control arm skids
Evo manual rubicon swaybar disconnect

OK so now I'm as excited as a pig in shit! Can't wait for it all to come!
Next is the Artec rear truss, evo bolt on rock star skids, and rustys long control arms (adjustable too)

37s will be on soon enough!

nice!! you'll have to post up some pics once you get everything installed :thumb:

Jersey_Devil

wayoflife said:
nice!! you'll have to post up some pics once you get everything installed :thumb:

Will do! Can't wait for it all to come! Thank God there's no more freak storms heading for jersey! Even tho there is a video of a ups driver delivering in flooded streets half up his tires in Hoboken NJ! So hopefully my parts come soon!

Jersey_Devil

So I just found out that I can get Teraflex long control arms (full set) and the brackets for a grand total of $2021.00 before tax and shipping..... Thinking I'm gonna get the teraflex cuz I never heard of Rusty's off road........

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Jersey_Devil said:
So I just found out that I can get Teraflex long control arms (full set) and the brackets for a grand total of $2021.00 before tax and shipping..... Thinking I'm gonna get the teraflex cuz I never heard of Rusty's off road........

I have the Teraflex longarms on my JK. If you get alot of flex from your springs and shocks, the Teraflex longarms can't take it well. The rubber bushings on the frame side get too much deflection and start to pull themselves apart and actually pull out of the arms. For just under $200 more you can get the Evo long arms, that have Currie Johnny Joints on both ends, they are adjustable on the Jeep w/o disconnecting the arms, and they are just better engineered and better quality.

Last edited:

BONDSY

I have the Teraflex longarms on my JK. If you get alot of flex from your springs and shocks, the Teraflex longarms can't take it well. The rubber bushings on the frame side get too much deflection and start to pull themselves apart and actually pull out of the arms. For just under $200 more you can get the Evo long arms, that have Currie Johnny Joints on both ends, they are adjustable on the Jeep w/o disconnecting the arms, and they are just better engineered and better quality.

Exactly right, my teraflex rubber joints are beginning to do that. I won't be replacing the rubber bushing, I'll cut them off and weld in curries J.J.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
BONDSY said:
Exactly right, my teraflex rubber joints are beginning to do that. I won't be replacing the rubber bushing, I'll cut them off and weld in curries J.J.

I was thinking about doing that, but wasn't sure if it'd work we'll with the bend in the arms. I was worried the arm would hang down on the side with the bend, not sure if that would even matter. I know a friend that had Rebel Offroad cut the bushings off and weld threaded bungs in for JJs. I'll have to see how it's working for him.

Jersey_Devil

highoctane said:

BONDSY said:

Well ill be doing some shopping around then..... Evo is the company that was suggested to me and I see a lot of other ppl using their stuff so when I actually started looking for long arms not just adjustable ones evo was the ones I wanted because of the Currie joints, but I couldn't find the "long arms" on their site, all I found was upper front control arms.... That was it

Top Bottom