Rugged Ridge hood latches?

JKJody

I just picked some of these up, wondering if anyone had anything good to say about them. Im getting real tired of my hood flutter so I thought i'd give them a try. So please tell me the bad and the good.

sjd78

The good is they will stop the hood flutter and they look good. The bad is if the black plastic type liner that's on the pivot pin is damaged when removed you will play heck getting one from Omix-ADA that isn't screwed up too.

Mine are working great! and Install was a breeze - make sure you save the isolator piece from the stock latches. :beer:

relayer4u

Mine are working great! and Install was a breeze - make sure you save the isolator piece from the stock latches. :beer:

If you mean the rubber bumpers, the new ones from RR come with a set in the box now. Just installed mine and they work great.

I reused the stock nuts with the captive washers and added a dab of blue loctite, made install a breeze!

;)

07JKSahara

Have them and love them. I hot glued the rubber isolator on, not sure it was necessary but I heard people say they'd lost them.

jeeeep

Hooked
have had mine since they became available, one of the best buys I've made. Easy install and they work.

BigPrince

Easy install and keeps things nice and tight. I also had a screwed up / ripped pivot pin liner and just installed it as-is.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Have them on both jeeps, on the Rubicon x they fit, but close. Hood is shaped different.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Let me tell you what I know... I have them and I like them. Completely eliminated hood flutter, which was rather extreme at times while on bridges with cross winds in SWFL. Be sure to use a small piece of two sided tape on the rubber isolators to keep them secured to the hood.

JKJody

Let me tell you what I know... I have them and I like them. Completely eliminated hood flutter, which was rather extreme at times while on bridges with cross winds in SWFL. Be sure to use a small piece of two sided tape on the rubber isolators to keep them secured to the hood.

That is exactly what i did too lol. I seen how it just kind of snapped in place and thought the tape would help.....it did.

Top Bottom