Front Brakeline Question on 2.5" Lift

JudeinPa

In checking out many 2.5" spring lift kit options available on the market and viewing each kits installation manual (pdf) there are a few ways of moving or adjusting the front brakelines.

One kit I was looking at comes with drop brakets to move the brake lines lower while another kit recommends spreading open the front brakeline bracket that is attached to the axle and then discarding the bracket. What is the best way to go?

Just wanted to mention I own a 2015 JKU.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
On my 2014 I found that the brakeline drop brackets did not work becuase of the way the hard lines were routed.

I just pulled the slack out of the wheel side of the brackets and that gave me enough slack on the inside.

If you do remove that bracket you should zip tie it to your shock so you dont pinch your brake lines in your spring.

JKWrang

Drop brackets have worked fine for me and I haven't had any issues. That said it makes me a little leary and I plan to upgrade to extended lines eventually

jedg

Drop brackets have worked fine for me and I haven't had any issues. That said it makes me a little leary and I plan to upgrade to extended lines eventually

Yep, ^^^this. It's pretty simple and WAL as a great write-up for it.

Install extended brake lines - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...eel-Extended-Brake-Line-Installation-Write-Up

Then you will need to bleed the brake lines - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4335-MAINTENANCE-Bleeding-the-Brakes-on-a-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Like ty said, on a 12 and up front brackets don't work. I just took off the bracket and tossed it out. Zip tied them to the shocks.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Like ty said, on a 12 and up front brackets don't work. I just took off the bracket and tossed it out. Zip tied them to the shocks.

I got the brackets and didn't want to mess with the hardline, this sounds like a great option, thank you! I'll be replacing anyways when I install the DTD. Should I save the bracket for then?

One thing I did was replace my brake lines with Crown Extended brake lines that are 4-6 inches of lift because at some point I am going to get a taller lift and only want to change the brake lines once. My recommendation is to look farther down the road and if there is a possibility of increasing your lift height go with longer brake lines now and you will not have to later.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
12 and up have really long front brake and abs lines. Here's a picture of them zip tied.

Attachments

• 1428591623257.jpg
    1428591623257.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 71

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
i removed the brackets on my 14 as well and tossed em. then i just used two zip ties and put them in the existing holes where the bracket was mounted. left enough slack for them not to be in a bind at full flex, or to get pinched on the coils.

JudeinPa

12 and up have really long front brake and abs lines. Here's a picture of them zip tied.

Thank you for your responses. I will most likely open up the bracket , remove the brake lines and discard the bracket when I install the lift in the next few weeks. Messing with the hard lines looks easy on the passenger side but the drivers side doesn't have much to work with. Much rather leave the hard lines as they are.

My next plan is to invest in a set of those Crown Extended brake lines and change them out. Thanks for the link on the install! This will help and give me time to study.

Top Bottom