EVO Rock skin nutserts

Anybody want to explain this process to me? Ive never messed with these before and dont feel like messing this up. I see from reading there is a tool, similar to a rivet gun id assume, that makes this easier? Any input would be awesome.

tobias lopez

Eraugrad04 just did his and used the tool ur talking about if u read through the thread someone else had used it before also.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Around me it was online only. I don't know if any store sells it but I do know some stores that sell the Astro brand so they might be able to get it. It might be different for your area. Sorry, know that didn't really help you.

Panda

I wasn't impressed with the astro brand it tended to crush the nutserts sideways, the westward is much better, I've installed over 300 nutserts on jeeps and not one failed with the westward, I used the astro for one set of skins and had two nutserts fail :yup: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428696069.533982.jpg

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I had really good luck with Astro tool. I practiced a few times on a blank piece of sheet steel first. While practicing, I learned how to appropriately crimp the nutserts. Just a little too much and they would go sideways. Once I got that figured out on my practice piece of metal, all of the inserts on the Jeep went in without any issue.

Hope this helps!

I had really good luck with Astro tool. I practiced a few times on a blank piece of sheet steel first. While practicing, I learned how to appropriately crimp the nutserts. Just a little too much and they would go sideways. Once I got that figured out on my practice piece of metal, all of the inserts on the Jeep went in without any issue.

Hope this helps!

Just ordered the astro on ebay for $38. Not bad i guess. We shall see. Cant wait to get these bad boys on.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I wasn't impressed with the astro brand it tended to crush the nutserts sideways, the westward is much better, I've installed over 300 nutserts on jeeps and not one failed with the westward, I used the astro for one set of skins and had two nutserts fail :yup: View attachment 136472

Interesting. I liked the Astro we used to install MTG's corners. No failures at all. Are you certain you were not drinking wine while doing the install? :cheesy::cheesy: :bleh:

Interesting. I liked the Astro we used to install MTG's corners. No failures at all. Are you certain you were not drinking wine while doing the install? :cheesy::cheesy: :bleh:

Im starting to feel like Sharkey is synonymous with wine...

Top Bottom