Help...2015 JKU with Engine code already

thechrisjones

I got a 2015 JKU hard rock.. 5k miles and my engine light came on Easter Sunday. Of course Thursday, the day I took it to the deal the light went off! I'm attaching a picture of what they did to my jeep. Can anyone tell me if they see a engine code. And maybe anymore information about what they did and if it's common!?! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428688500.464829.jpg

Prior to the check engine light coming on did you fuel up? If you do not put the gas cap on tight you will get a check engine light.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A loose gas cap can cause a check engine light and that isnt limited to Jeeps. Looks like they replaced it so Id continue to drive it around and see if it comes back. Keep an ear out for any abnormal nosies as well.

Jay_r24

I got a 2015 JKU hard rock.. 5k miles and my engine light came on Easter Sunday. Of course Thursday, the day I took it to the deal the light went off! I'm attaching a picture of what they did to my jeep. Can anyone tell me if they see a engine code. And maybe anymore information about what they did and if it's common!?! View attachment 136462

Sometimes if you do not tighten your gas cap after filling up or forget to even put it on ( I know but it happens) it will throw an evap code P0455 I believe. It usually goes of Ina. Day or two once the cap is tightened or replaced. I do see they replaced your gas cap...that could have been it!

Probably why did the Software Flash on the PCM.

Ask your dealer about it.

There could have been an update that needed to be done. I have one due on my 2011 but will not get it done because it has to do with the interior lights and I am not going to pay the $30 to adjust the interior light stay on time.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
There could have been an update that needed to be done. I have one due on my 2011 but will not get it done because it has to do with the interior lights and I am not going to pay the $30 to adjust the interior light stay on time.

I got a letter in the mail stating that i need to bring my '15 in for a flash because apparently the ECU might NOT pick up a faulty 02 or something like that. So seeing as OPs is also a 15, that might be the reason for the flash :thumb:

I got a letter in the mail stating that i need to bring my '15 in for a flash because apparently the ECU might NOT pick up a faulty 02 or something like that. So seeing as OPs is also a 15, that might be the reason for the flash :thumb:

There ya go the answer to why the ECM was flashed.

jeeeep

Hooked
as mentioned loose gas cap will throw a code, sometimes it may take several off/start cycles for the code to clear.
mine threw the code after a safety inspection, they didn't tighten the gas cap, took a couple of days for the code to clear.

Top Bottom