Hydro Assist Bleeding

I just swapped my hydraulic assist ram. (The one I was originally sent did not have enough stroke.) The first ram went easy peasy as far as the bleeding goes. This one however is kicking my ass.

What I've done:

-Cycled the steering (engine off) lock to lock with ram disconnected at tie rod at least 30 times
-Cycled the steering (engine off) lock to lock with ram connected at least 30 times
-Cycled the steering (engine on) lock to lock with ram disconnected at tie rod at least 10 times
-Cycled the steering (engine on) lock to lock with ram connected at least 20 times

The steering is smooth but with the engine running I get a slight kick to the driver's lock at the end, not on the passenger side though.

Its tough to tell but I think I still hear air in the lines as well.

So, any ideas on bleeding tricks? Am I missing something?

SFNick

The steering is smooth but with the engine running I get a slight kick to the driver's lock at the end, not on the passenger side though.

This is interesting because mine does the same thing & I haven't been able to get it to stop.

Interesting... It didn't do this with the ram that was too short but then it never made it to full lock before either.

Any idea why it would do it one way and not the other? My ram travel is pretty darn centered.

Yup mine is centered also and only kicks to one side. Don't really now why.

I REALLY appreciate the info guys! I would've chased this ghost all weekend!

Tomorrow morning my Jeep hits the road after a bunch of mods, :Fingers-Crossed:

New (correct length) Ram on fairly untested Hydro Assist
5.13 Gears, (New ARB Locker in Rear and 35 Spline Shafts thanks to an oops)
Replaced Rear T-Case Seal.
ORV Stealth Shelf
RockHard Cage (Not that I expect the last three to have an effect on ride.)

woot-woot :rock::rock:

Top Bottom