37's on a D30

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want to run 37's, but I have a front D30 axle. I know I need to regear, but what else should I get?

are you planning on wheeling your jeep hard? if so, i wouldn't throw any more money into your d30 than you need to. instead, i would save up for a dynatrac prorock 44 and just run what you have until you can afford a replacement or need to replace it because you broke it. if you just do easy trails, you can probably get away with it but, i would definitely gusset up the axle c's at bare minimum.

1BAMFR

I run 4.88's, locker, sleeves, gussets, RCV axles in my Dana30 on 37's....

No issues at all and wheel it pretty hard once a month....

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The problem with building a D30, is once you throw those stronger parts at it, the ring and pinion become the weak point, even the carrier and spider gears. I watched a guy on 35" BFG A/Ts on a 2dr attempt to back up over an obstacle that was rather small and easy, and in the process he proceeded to explode the carrier like a grenade, shooting pieces of spider gears through the diff cover. It's not if it'll blow, but when.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with building a D30, is once you throw those stronger parts at it, the ring and pinion become the weak point, even the carrier and spider gears. I watched a guy on 35" BFG A/Ts on a 2dr attempt to back up over an obstacle that was rather small and easy, and in the process he proceeded to explode the carrier like a grenade, shooting pieces of spider gears through the diff cover. It's not if it'll blow, but when.

couldn't agree with you more.

Top Bottom