Switch Pros mount locations?

jango

Ive seen a couple guys start to receive their new Switch Pro kits and I have yet to see any one mount them yet. Has any one on here seen any pics of the switch panel mounted inside a JK? Or has anyone on here received one and and installed it?

boardsurfer

I haven't mounted mine yet but probably later today. Here a few pics.

Unit itself is quite small

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428768418.068824.jpg

Comes with a nice little bracket

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428768459.658690.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428768491.733925.jpg

I will most likely put it here, assuming it doesn't interfere with Reverse

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428768545.645110.jpg

Hope that helps.

Jackal01

I got the unit-penis part. Guess it was just late and worked all day in the sun. Brain fried perhaps? Oh well.

Last edited:

Switch-Pros

Power Module and Switch Panel dimensions and mounting pic

The physical dimensions of the switch panel are 4"L x 2"W x 1/2"H (excluding mounting tabs). Power module is 6"L x 3"w x 1/2"H (excluding 16 pin connector).

I've attached a few pictures of installation. One is power module mounted in engine compartment of JK. Others are the switch panel mounted on dash of TJ, and in sunglass compartment of Tacoma. Note that the panel in the last photo has 4 blank switches, as user has yet to determine what he will use those switches for.

Attachments

• PM mounted onto studs.jpg
    PM mounted onto studs.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 786
  • dash mounted panel.jpg
    dash mounted panel.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 784
  • dash mounted panel cu.jpg
    dash mounted panel cu.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 784
  • panel in sunglass holder.jpg
    panel in sunglass holder.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 786

mackey

Would it fit to the left of the steering wheel, where Rubicon's have the OEM locker switches. On my Sport, it's just an open area, with no switches.

sjd78

So are there just terminated leads coming off the pigtail that plugs into the power module that you connect accessories to?

Switch-Pros

Would it fit to the left of the steering wheel, where Rubicon's have the OEM locker switches. On my Sport, it's just an open area, with no switches.

Unfortunately, our shop rig has the older style interior. So I can't say, for sure, if it would. But the exact length measurement, INCLUDING MOUNTING TABS, is 5"L. The height is 2" and it's just 1/2" thick.

Switch-Pros

So are there just terminated leads coming off the pigtail that plugs into the power module that you connect accessories to?

That's correct. The leads are each 3 feet long, 14 gauge wire. We supply heatshrink butt splices to connect them to your output wires.

Armydog

Anyone wire the stock rubicon lockers through the switchpro? Would really like to do this for now until I go arb....... My rubicon is an 05 so I have air activated lockers not electric but I figure a switch is a switch, no?

wetfootnw

Finished the install today. Such an awesome product! I put the switch panel on the RockHard Cage overhead center bar. I ran the wire for the panel through the firewall on passenger side and then up the b-pilar. I also had to cut the plug to get the wires through the firewall. Since i had to extended the wire about 5' to reach cutting the plug was going to happen anyways. I then drilled and tapped 2 10-24 5/8 bolts for the panel and used a step bit to drill a hold big enough for the plug coming from the panel to go up and through. Ran the cable back and then along the speaker bar. I want to add some foam backing behind the panel to fill in the gaps. Once complete I add some silicon to seal up the top hole.

OE5iOu3h.jpg
b5miEQEh.jpg

Top Bottom