South Jersey Pines

Jersey_Devil

Anyone wanna go on a day trip to Wharton State Forest? I wanna go find all the mud holes everyone talks about but Everytime I go I can't even find a puddle to splash in! I don't have any buddies that own jeeps or that are into wheeling at all..... So I usually go out by myself and after a while u get bored by urself driving down dirt roads u can drive a lowered Chevy down, and the only interesting spot I have to go wheelin I don't wanna attempt alone cuz I've heard of k5 blazers w/44" boggers getting stuck, so even tho I got a winch and other self recovery equipment, I still don't wanna get stuck back there by myself where there are packs of wild dogs... Mean ones too (I've hunted these woods since I was 7yrs old, and if ur on foot for a while, ud better have a revolver with u) so that's why I don't wanna go down Whitehall alone

RGolie13

I checked it's 10 hours away. Would love to do it but I at least need to first get a lift and some boots.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
a little far for me but, it sounds like a lot of fun. hope you find some peeps to join ya.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yeah, dirt road, mud holes and a roving pack of wild dogs! Where do I sign up? ;)

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah your about 24 hrs from me here in TX see ya in a couple days.

Aww man forgot about that whole work thing. :grayno:

Nothing like mud and wild dogs! Down here its mud and wild hogs! And it's always open season on hogs!

Good luck Bro! Hope you find some buds on the forum to go wheelin with you! If I ever make it up that far I'll let you know! :beer:

Jersey_Devil

The wild dogs aren't that bad, like I said I been hunting them woods since I was around 10yrs old, make enough noise and they'll scare off to go find other food! Lol

jkmadness

Anyone wanna go on a day trip to Wharton State Forest? I wanna go find all the mud holes everyone talks about but Everytime I go I can't even find a puddle to splash in! I don't have any buddies that own jeeps or that are into wheeling at all..... So I usually go out by myself and after a while u get bored by urself driving down dirt roads u can drive a lowered Chevy down, and the only interesting spot I have to go wheelin I don't wanna attempt alone cuz I've heard of k5 blazers w/44" boggers getting stuck, so even tho I got a winch and other self recovery equipment, I still don't wanna get stuck back there by myself where there are packs of wild dogs... Mean ones too (I've hunted these woods since I was 7yrs old, and if ur on foot for a while, ud better have a revolver with u) so that's why I don't wanna go down Whitehall alone

I'm from Bayville and it would be cool to hook up one day... I don't know about getting mud all over my baby though (lol).. But I can sure pull you out... Lol

Jersey_Devil

jkmadness said:
I'm from Bayville and it would be cool to hook up one day... I don't know about getting mud all over my baby though (lol).. But I can sure pull you out... Lol

No mud? Mud is fun!

jkmadness

No mud? Mud is fun!

By the way how do you like the tire carrier from rugged ridge (does it rattle,rust ,any cons) cos i have the front one and it would only make sense to get the matching rear, on top of that my nitto/xd combo weights 100 pounds and is putting a lot of strain on the tailgate..:thinking:

Jersey_Devil

jkmadness said:
By the way how do you like the tire carrier from rugged ridge (does it rattle,rust ,any cons) cos i have the front one and it would only make sense to get the matching rear, on top of that my nitto/xd combo weights 100 pounds and is putting a lot of strain on the tailgate..:thinking:

I absolutely NOTHING bad to say about that bumper/carrier no rattles or any noises holds my 35 just fine

Jersey_Devil

Sooooooo I constantly see modded up XJs and even one lifted Grand Cherokee.... Plenty of modded Wranglers of all types from CJ-JK...... Where all u guys at? Anyone wanna get muddy this weekend?

JanaJK

I'm a newbie and up in Northern NJ, still working on mods. Would love to check out the Pines some day.

Jersey_Devil

Here's some shots from yesterday

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121223_093953.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121223_093953.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20121223_094012.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121223_094012.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20121223_094035.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121223_094035.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 101