New tie rod?

Stepsride

Need some advice. Current build is 13 jk rubicon RK 3.5 factor lift with flip kit. I get a little bump steer when the passenger side hits a significant bump. To tighten up the front end I wanted to get a HD tie rod to replace stock. I am running 35 inch tires and in the future maybe 37 at the most.

Thoughts?

whispike

Need some advice. Current build is 13 jk rubicon RK 3.5 factor lift with flip kit. I get a little bump steer when the passenger side hits a significant bump. To tighten up the front end I wanted to get a HD tie rod to replace stock. I am running 35 inch tires and in the future maybe 37 at the most.

Thoughts?

Do you have an adjustable track bar? After I had mine installed it really smoothed out my steering.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Thoughts?

Did you raise your track bar along with the drag link flip? Tie rod usually has nothing to do with bump steer.

Stepsride

Yes I used the RK drag link flip kit. The knuckles at the passenger wheel are in the same plane as the track bar and the same for the pitman arm and where the track bar attaches to frame.

My thought with the tie rod was I would get hd tie rod ends with stiffer tie rod that will keep the tires from shaking toe in toe out creating a bump steer after a passenger side bump

OR am I creating fiction with beer as an author

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes I used the RK drag link flip kit. The knuckles at the passenger wheel are in the same plane as the track bar and the same for the pitman arm and where the track bar attaches to frame.

My thought with the tie rod was I would get hd tie rod ends with stiffer tie rod that will keep the tires from shaking toe in toe out creating a bump steer after a passenger side bump

Well, one way to check for bump steer is to turn on the jeep, leave in park and push your front bumper up and down. If your steering wheel doesn't move, you're good.
It's usually when your track bar and drag link aren't in the same plane is when bump steer happens.
Or are you talking death wobble?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I suggest you stop drinking.

Stepsride

Well, one way to check for bump steer is to turn on the jeep, leave in park and push your front bumper up and down. If your steering wheel doesn't move, you're good.
It's usually when your track bar and drag link aren't in the same plane is when bump steer happens.
Or are you talking death wobble?

Going to give it a try thanks

Top Bottom